Good Idea?? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 03:52 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Good Idea??

Okie, I thought it over and I dont need speed(on the streets), I told my dad what I did the other night(we are close more of a buddy thing then son and dad its just me and him my parents are divorced). We are callin the insurance company tuesday and the trucks commin off insurance and its just gonna be a strip truck, so I can gut it now and I should drop about 800-1000 pounds(interior, inside of the bed, inner fenders, bumpers, mirrors, big gas tank cant think what else right now). So I am gonna look in to gettin a car that doesnt run to start fixing up, do you think they would charge alot of money for a body shell and a frame of a car at a junk yard? Or should I look for somthing in the local papers? Is it really all that fun to walk around at a junk yard lookin for parts all day, i would think it would be fun, I can spend easly 45 mins walkin around the auto parts store just lookin at stuff ranging from oil to the apc stuff they sell for "ricers". Any thing automotive inpresses me from a automatic door opener to a 9 second street nova. I'm 16 does any one have any sugestions for me on what I should build, I want a cruser nothin fast, maybe my vw would work if I did some body mods and lowered it and added some rims? Sorry this went on forever and ever.

Peace,
Wil

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2003, 08:07 AM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Glad your a fast learner kid. We want you safe and on this board a long time. You seem to be focused so I'm sure anything you try or build you'll be good at. Keep us posted. Sounds like your gonna be doing some good projects in the future. Let us know how your trck racing career goes.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Lets see some pics of your street/strip truck...I also would like to see some pics of the Porsche also... I am not trying to be a dick,but I have a hard time believing that a lot of 16yr olds have built/own what a lot of people work years to get. We just don't want another HRK episode...
Also what are the specs on your truck(motor/trans/suspension)? 12sec in the quarter is pretty impressive for a 60's truck. You said that you and your buddy built it right? Or is it Daddy's truck?
Like I said...if I am being an ***, I'll apologize after I see some proof.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 09-01-2003, 11:47 AM

Last photo:

I can get pics of the car up today because we have em on the computer. The truck ones well digital camera is being a ***** and suckin down batterys like a ****, so dads gonna get a new one today. Yes it is my truck, i started it from a crappy runnin inline six to a crate v-8 in it. Specs sure? what do you want what specs??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	me porsche.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	214  
Old 09-01-2003, 11:49 AM

Last photo:

Ya what kinda truck is it?..

Nos
Old 09-01-2003, 11:49 AM

Last photo:

There(above) is a picture of me and my ugly ***. Here is a pic of it out at the strip. And theres one more of the dash i will put on here. I gotta find the other ones of the motor and stuff but i will put em on here soon. Can some one tell me how to make a photo gallery?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ready_to_race.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	215  
Old 09-01-2003, 12:02 PM

Last photo:

Here is the dash, notice the speedo 180mph, whaa i cant wait till we go up to PIR this year and tach that **** out in 4th gear on some the straight aways.

The truck is a 69 chevy c-10. It started life as a farm truck in montana, then my friends grandpa passed away and he got left with it, I picked it up for $500 runnin on 5 of the 6 cylinders. Started thinkin what I could do with it and thought to my self, just get a 350 and keep it street able, well when buildin my truck i was like naw I want it to kick *** but look hick so i started up my build of the 350(edelbrock intake and carb, isky cam, edelbrock heads, hookerheaders, flowmaster exaust, ect... well first night we had it runnin with a 9 inch rear end with out posi and 4.11 gears took off up the one way street i live on got on it and grind boom, rear end blows up because we forgot to put the plug back in and fill it with fluild, not so bad because i picked it up for free from my neigbor of a old 60 ford f-100. (ahh the love of building headaches). Well thought this would give you some info on the truck while your waiting for pictures. I dont believe in lying to make your self seem bad *** or cool. My dad has his car because hes retired army after 20 years, we started his business becuase of this too. I do believe in hard honest work and dont expect **** handed to me, i'm a c/b student but i also work from time school gets out till midnight or 1 in the morning only to get up and go to school in less then four hours. All this summer i have been working 55 hour weeks installin carpet and flooring to pay back my dad for the 1400 he loaned me then i have been putin the rest in the bank for when i get outta the airforce(going in for four years in automotive then going to whyotech) and school then i'm gonna use my bonus and the money i put away to attempt to open a shop around here with a few of my good buddys that pretty much have the same plans as me. well sorry for goin on and on. just trying to earn some trust around here.

Peace,
Wil
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	216  

Last edited by 72superbug; 09-01-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

it me again---------

Did you notice your the only one cussing? It is possible to express yourself without resorting to explicits. Welcome new guy, this is a fun place to hang out.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 09-02-2003, 09:23 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 72superbug
Here is the dash, notice the speedo 180mph, whaa i cant wait till we go up to PIR this year and tach that **** out in 4th gear on some the straight aways.

The truck is a 69 chevy c-10. It started life as a farm truck in montana, then my friends grandpa passed away and he got left with it, I picked it up for $500 runnin on 5 of the 6 cylinders. Started thinkin what I could do with it and thought to my self, just get a 350 and keep it street able, well when buildin my truck i was like naw I want it to kick *** but look hick so i started up my build of the 350(edelbrock intake and carb, isky cam, edelbrock heads, hookerheaders, flowmaster exaust, ect... well first night we had it runnin with a 9 inch rear end with out posi and 4.11 gears took off up the one way street i live on got on it and grind boom, rear end blows up because we forgot to put the plug back in and fill it with fluild, not so bad because i picked it up for free from my neigbor of a old 60 ford f-100. (ahh the love of building headaches). Well thought this would give you some info on the truck while your waiting for pictures. I dont believe in lying to make your self seem bad *** or cool. My dad has his car because hes retired army after 20 years, we started his business becuase of this too. I do believe in hard honest work and dont expect **** handed to me, i'm a c/b student but i also work from time school gets out till midnight or 1 in the morning only to get up and go to school in less then four hours. All this summer i have been working 55 hour weeks installin carpet and flooring to pay back my dad for the 1400 he loaned me then i have been putin the rest in the bank for when i get outta the airforce(going in for four years in automotive then going to whyotech) and school then i'm gonna use my bonus and the money i put away to attempt to open a shop around here with a few of my good buddys that pretty much have the same plans as me. well sorry for goin on and on. just trying to earn some trust around here.

Peace,
Wil
Have a look at the profile, I thought you said you worked at McDonalds? Your real name wouldn't be Dave would it? Earning some trust hey? I'll bet.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:31 AM

Last photo:

No. My name is Wil, if you dont believe it i will scan my birth cert. for you to prove it.

Peace,
Wil

Ohh yeah, i have been workin at mc donalds part time(yea 2 hours a damn week) and installing carpet better pay then mc donalds but i am gonna start up at md again when school starts tommrrow.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.