Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - good news___bad news ( flexplate & quadrajet )
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

good news___bad news ( flexplate & quadrajet )

(GOOD NEWS)so i got the truck back last night, and turns out my flexplate was cracked in 3 spots, which explains the horrible grinding noise when it would hit the starter. our buddy replaced it and now i just need to reshim the starter a little to make things perfect.

(BAD NEWS) i took advantage of the cooler monsoon weather last night and swapped carbs on the truck, i put the quadrajet back on and hooked everything up like i always do. started it up and it ran like a sick cat( nothing changed since last time )

so i waited till this morning( light ) and started it again, same thing, adjusted the mixture needles like to where they were long ago ( 6.5 turns out ) and it still didnt do much.

went to work and when i came home, i dug the timing light out and fired it up once again. 12* base timing, hooked up the vac adv and it revved up ( yaay ) so i was able to lower the idle speed quite a bit...

got it to idle down to 800 rpm and its still off the charts lean... looked at the idle screw and its1/8th inch from the tab on the throttle shaft... tried to rotate the shaft closed and the butterflies are closed... so ive finally gotten stumped, i have no idea what to do. my next move might be taking it to a guy here in my town that my buddy referred me to, hes an older gent and apparently hes super nice and helpful.

thankyou all for the help guys, i cant thankyou all enough =]