Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Good Plasma Cutter for Frame Work
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 11:05 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ckucia, The Henrob is nothing but a O/A torch but an excellent one at that. It is in no way a replacement for a plasma cutter although it does do a pretty good job on thin sheet steel with a bit of practice. This is one of those tools that has been around for many years and has developed a good following so you will hear good and bad about it. It is at it's best at welding IMO but I never did come to like it as much as some and I actually prefer my Victor welding outfit in most cases. As costly as these things are I would suggest you try one before you layout your money since even as good as these things are, again JMO, I think they are more hype than function but a lot of guys really like them and would disagree with me and I would not argue because they do have their good points. If I sound a little confusing it's because this is one of those things that it seems one either loves or hates and the only way to really know is to try BEFORE you buy. If you do not already own an O/A torch I would suggest getting a conventional outfit first because it is a lot cheaper and will do most anything the Henrob will do with the proper tips. My all time favorite is the little Victor outfits(100) and these can be found just about everywhere even for a bargain at Harbor Freight(yep genuine Victor!) just stay away from the Chinese knock-offs