Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Good Plasma Cutter for Frame Work
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Bugs

Wiki Edits: 0

I too will be trying to swing a Plasma cutter soon, I have the ole sawsall too, it's probobly one of the most used tools I own, I was in Tractor Supply Co. a while back and seen a metel cutting skil saw for $98.00 so I picked one up,this thing really surprised me, I haven't used it in any fabrication yet but I did try it out, it zipped right through a peice of 3/8" plate steel and a chunk of 2" angle iron, the blades being $28.00 plus shipping I didn't play with it to long but it seems like it will do what they claim, when my son saw it he told me that at the shop beside of his house they had bought one and they use it all the time and that they rarely use the plasma cutter any more, only on real thick metal and to get into tight places, they make a liveing in metal fab. so I was glad to hear that they liked theirs,matbe between my A/O torch and this saw I can get by without a plasma cutter, I know this will please the wife

The only thing that scares me is , it came with a set of spare bushes for the motor, not a good sign