Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A GOOD Portable tool kit???
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

I hate tool sets...With all of those wrenches and sockets with the same logo it just seems so...regimented and structured..

The guy that I rent space to has one of those husky sets...it seems so ....shallow. I pick up one of the tools and they just lay there in my hand, saying nothing...their little eyes are blank, they have no ability to channel the feeling of the fastener up into my conciousness and the image of the project dissappears ...leaving me with a cold dark emptyness that makes me want to .....EAT!

Yes, eating will fix me up.

I been buying tools at swap meets and garge sales for so long that I now have partial sets of tools from almoat every manufacturer known to mankind..So when I go to the junky, I get out my grandfathers old craftsman toolbox that he bought in '63, pitch a bunch of mismatched wrenches and screwdrivers and whatever other tools that call me from their drawers...."TAKE ME!!!Take me, oh puhleeze, mikey pick me...I'm clean too

Then when I get to my job, they are all happy to have been rubbing up against each other in a big toolbox tool orgy, (I have some really good HOT box wrench on box wrench action videos, PM me), and are all ready to have some nut busting FUN!!

Pfft. tool sets.

Hope this helps,
Mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example