Good quality..... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2003, 08:49 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Wiki Edits: 0

Good quality.....

I was just thinking how nice it is to see everything back to normal on the board and I hope we didn't lose any old friends during the 'ordeal'. Welp (as we used to say in Indiana), time to get . And as we say in Tennessee "Have a good'n"

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2003, 09:46 PM
you're killin me buck!

Last photo:

i seem to miss all the "ordeals" for the best i guess.
what happened?
i see jon tossed a few trouble makers. i'm surprised stoned made it this far.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I feel I must apologize to our members for not raising the red flag a little sooner, I had noticed the multiple membership abuse a long time ago. Of course I had no proof so I kept my mouth shut and hoped things would resolve themselves naturally, this job can be very difficult when your instincts tell you one thing but your morals/feelings tell you another. One thing people have a lot of trouble faking is their writing style, especially if your trying to be more than one person at once. This was my only clue and not one that was infallible. I feel like in some way this is all my fault. You can be assured that I will be modifying my online behavior and will be taking a more "behind the scenes" stance to limit my exposure, the PM mechanism will become my preferred method of communicating with help and answers instead of posting on the forum. I probably post more than I should and my type A personality can annoy some, I'm sorry if I have put some members off.

I think the best thing that may has come out of this is it has illustrated a weakness in our system. The weakness is we as moderators do not communicate amongst ourselves or really have a mechanism beyond e-mail and the PM feature. Of course I could use the "Report this post to a moderator" button but rarely is a transgression worthy of this drastic an action. Perhaps we need a private forum where the mods can discuss the job and bounce ideas of each other and tell each other when we are on holidays etc. Many forums have such a section accessible only by the administrative staff so that they may act as a cohesive group and ensure they are all on the same page. I know that some mods are frustrated and feel powerless, I do too. The worst part is we have lost some very knowledgeable members in the last couple of days as a result of this, Kultulz and Dmorris are a great couple of guys who between them have a wealth of knowledge that transcends their minor differences in personality. I only hope they both come back and make peace, we need and miss both you guys here.

I think the fix is simple, I'm going to endeavor to talk more freely with other members and Jon about the forums so that we can make this a better place. The flesh is weak but the spirit is strong and if we combine our spirit then things can only improve for the better. I would like to personally thank Jon the other mods and many of our members for their support, I only hope I can return the favor in the future.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:09 PM

id like 2 just add a couple of cents and say that ive only been on this site for a couple of weeks and its kewl!!! im a 29 year old tattoo artist who loves mucle cars n hot rods of any style!!!ive tinkered with cars here n there over the years.if i never figured out how to fix my cars in the past id be walkin!!but now is my first real attempt in puttin together my own hot rod! some of the questions that ive asked on here may have sounded simple to u or easy to answer, but every answer ive gotten from any1 here has been a better answer than ive gotten from any book or so on. even if some 1 asks a ? and dont get the answer there lookin for people should be pleased that there r people out there like most of u who make an effort to at least help in some way!! i respect that .thats why this site kicks ***!!! thanx to all
Old 08-22-2003, 11:53 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Talking

Axle, you missed it for the best really.

Chuck, don't worry about it, it was needed and inevitable. I beleive we as a board have discovered that a more stern approach with troublemakers is acceptable or at least desired. The problem is how a troublemaker is identified and the definition of the word troublemaker. You need to have a set of guidelines to go by to see if a said person meets that criteria. Those guidelines would be the unwritten words of this board's proper etiquette and should only be known by the administrative staff/ moderators. Maybe the suspected troublemaker could be placed on review with long time members for thier oppinions in a private manner. I like the idea of a democracy and all, but sometimes we need a 'hatchet man'. If we would just discretely pull the plug on the worst offenders before they get out of hand, we would have alot less BS to deal with. By 'worst offenders', I'm talking about somone who is an obvious troll and has ignored warnings in private or on the board. Get together with the other mods and figure something out. I know it's a matter of trial and error, but for the most part you guys are doing a good job. Just imagine if you guys actually communicated with each other.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:51 AM

Last photo:

Granted, I'm not a long time member, but things seem to have calmed down a bit in the last day or so. I think in time things will be smoother and cleaner than before. As in everything the best teaching aid is experience. Chuck, please don't limit your posts to e-mail or PM's only, you may be a type A, but I usually enjoy reading your responses and sometimes even learn a little. At the risk of sounding like G.W. Bush, don't let the terrorists, er I mean trolls win.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Crazy Canadian, woohooooo!

Last photo:

I wouldn't sweat it too much, Chuck. With the things that went on the last little while here, some people are lucky that there are many miles seperating them from some of the members and moderators. I think everyone did a pretty good job for the most part. I haven't been on here long enough to know if this has ever happened in the past, but now there should be enough knowledge and insight on how to deal with this situation in the future.

I wounder if it would be possible for all moderators and Jon to meet in private on a monthly basis or something, almost like a staff meeting? Where you guys can discuss various issues, improvements or whatever. My Family and I used to do that on yahoo msg once a week at the same time just to touch base. Just a thought.

I think you handled everything pretty good Chuck.

Marc
Old 08-23-2003, 01:26 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

does this mean.....

that we can't do what Bst Mech and i did to some guy who posted an ad to sell his car here??????
would i be considered a troll?
Jeez, we already have to take sexual harrassment training, now we'll have to take troll sensitivity classes as well......

this is a fine mess......
Old 08-23-2003, 01:41 AM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Ahhh memories......

That thread should go into a special archive along with other such timeless classics.

'Troll sensitivity classes'.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:07 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

we shoulda had a thread popped in our buttocks....

still made me laugh though

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.