Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Good replacement for water shed paper in door?
View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 58
Posts: 15,486
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,756 Posts
Heres a little trivia no one will care about. Those parts are called "water shields" or "condensation shields" and I have a cousin who was born and raised in Detroit. He has worked for a couple of parts suppliers to the big boys his whole life, the last being NSK bearing. These days he is working for a company who supplies these "water shields" and a few other plastic interior pieces.

On some late model cars they are TRULY "water shields". Leave them out of the doors on a 2004 Gran Prix and you WILL have LOTS of water in the car. On many late model cars they are not just paper held in with a little spray adhesive. They are thick plastic sheets held in with butyl tape like a friggin window!

They REALLY do seal out water from the interior.

Reply With Quote