Hot Rod Forum banner

good ways to screw with the Autozone guy

3K views 26 replies 24 participants last post by  fisher57 
#1 ·
what are some good non-existing auto parts that can be used on the autozone guy? (i.e. Mazda RX7 headgasket)

#3 ·
carburetor belt. can't find one anywhere. i once went into a shop and asked for lithium based bowling ball grease and the guy actually looked for it and when he came up empty said it might be on the shipping truck. honest! kinda mean but i knew him. how about those hard to find sparkplugs for my dad's diesel?

#12 ·
Come on guys, they have a hard enough time finding the stuff we really need. I asked the guy for a top radiator hose for a '69 Mustang with a 351W, he came back with the bottom one. I told him it was the bottom one and he told me there was no such thing as a top and bottom radiator hose, it's just one hose for that car.

I wonder how quickly HE goes through coolant with no return.

MoocH

#20 ·
When I was working in the body shop, apprentices were sent to the stores for a "long weight" The storeman would tell them to stand just around the corner.There they waited ´till it dawned on them.
Sending them for a "couple of sky hooks" was a good ´n
as well.

#22 ·
Ask 'em for a '67 Henway... When they ask "what's a Henway?" tell them around 4 lbs...
Cross-Drilled brake Lines and a pint of headlight fluid are head scratchers also...:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.