Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Goodbye American Chopper. (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/goodbye-american-chopper-226193.html)

malc 11-17-2012 11:20 AM

Goodbye American Chopper.

Discovery has decided to axe the ten year long series.

MXrider13 11-17-2012 11:22 AM

Thank god thats over with! Nothing but drama that give real chopper builders a bad name.

malc 11-17-2012 11:30 AM

When the old man started to rant I looked for something else to watch.

69 widetrack 11-17-2012 11:42 AM

I saw 3 episodes and only wished I had the contract for replacing the smashed garbage cans and broken doors...be a rich man now.

Richiehd 11-17-2012 11:58 AM

For me it was when they trashed the office in thier old place by driving thier SUV into it. A total waste. Too much fame and money and no way to deal with it. Novelty wore off about 3 years into it. I do have a friend of mine has another interesting show based in Las Vegas. Counting Cars. A slightly different approach to reality TV. !!

MARTINSR 11-17-2012 12:09 PM

I enjoyed the first number of episodes when they actually built motorcycles, they "jumped the shark" YEARS ago and I never watched it again.

Brian

malc 11-17-2012 12:15 PM

It seemed to me the actual fabricators were Rick Petko and Vince DiMartino.

NEW INTERIORS 11-17-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malc (Post 1612323)

Very true...;)

The show started out Good... But all the drama messed up the show..:smash:

LATECH 11-17-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malc (Post 1612323)

I would have to agree. Rick and Vince both got caught in the drama of the whole thing. I think they both did a good job keeping the right attitude in spite of it all. The Teutels dont really know how lucky they are to have 2 good men like that.
I watched it when it first came out, but I got sick of the Drama.
The family is disfunctional, Senior is an alcoholic that stopped working his program, at least his actions would say that, and the son , Jr. was a party dog and a total pre maddona when it came time to show up and work. In the real world , any boss would have fired him long before senior and him had a split up.
My Hopes are they can both grow up, act like men, admit and accept resposibility for there own part in all the disfunctionality of it all.
The one thing that worked out well, was that Jr. Got to be his own boss so he could see what his dad was talking about when it comes to managing a work place. He just didnt have to work like his dad did to build it from nothing like the old man did.

632Mantis 11-17-2012 03:39 PM

Drama queens

I hated American Chopper. All the money in the world, all the tools and machines, HUGE shop, and all those clowns do is gripe, fight, and complain with each other. I don't even care if any of it was real, or it was all just phoney drama. It SUCKED.
Jesse James has better shows. He actually makes stuff himself. He is a skilled metal craftsman. I like watching him hand-make parts. He got a bad wrap for the Sandra Bullock thing, but I don't care what he does with his personal life. He may be a horn-dawg, but he builds cool stuff. The biker build-off with the Tuetels was ridiculous. Jesse's bike won hands-down. Senior built a movie-prop, and Junior built a piece of flashy-ART. Jesse was the only one that built an actual BIKE that you would want to ride. Good riddance American Chopper. I can't believe that show lasted as long as it did. Sad reflection on society. Some people like drama. Not me.
:mad:

tech69 11-17-2012 03:57 PM

I think drama is more entertaining for a show that tries to draw in an audience into the realm of bike building. I like their bikes but they were kind of gimmicky. I didn't like them in the bike build offs when they were just orchestrating the build and "designing" the bikes and clearly you can tell he was posing for the camera by tighting up a few bolts to show he's working on the bike, but I didn't buy it. I didn't respect that all that much, but Jr does have good taste. I liked when Billy Lane was on the bike build off and did everything by hand and got tanked the whole time. That's a true builder in my mind but other "designers" seemed to try to give the impression that Billy was a hack. Whatever, I thought his bike was sick with the hubless wheel. He pretty much innovated that I heard.

unclebill 11-17-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 632Mantis (Post 1612395)
I hated American Chopper. All the money in the world, all the tools and machines, HUGE shop, and all those clowns do is gripe, fight, and complain with each other. I don't even care if any of it was real, or it was all just phoney drama. It SUCKED.
Jesse James has better shows. He actually makes stuff himself. He is a skilled metal craftsman. I like watching him hand-make parts. He got a bad wrap for the Sandra Bullock thing, but I don't care what he does with his personal life. He may be a horn-dawg, but he builds cool stuff. The biker build-off with the Tuetels was ridiculous. Jesse's bike won hands-down. Senior built a movie-prop, and Junior built a piece of flashy-ART. Jesse was the only one that built an actual BIKE that you would want to ride. Good riddance American Chopper. I can't believe that show lasted as long as it did. Sad reflection on society. Some people like drama. Not me.
:mad:

i agree with every word you said
at least jj actually knows how to make something.
not just writing checks to farm out every single aspect of a build.
i never saw any tuetels with a tool in hand.

632Mantis 11-17-2012 07:08 PM

exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebill (Post 1612435)
at least jj actually knows how to make something.
not just writing checks to farm out every single aspect of a build.
i never saw any tuetels with a tool in hand.

EXACTLY.

That is why they have a reputation as being "cake decorators".
It's an insult. Nothing to be proud of.

The Tuetels are good at one thing: opening boxes and crates of stuff that they order.

:D

I was into COUNTING CARS for awhile.
It's funny how Danny runs-down people in the street and asks them if they would consider selling their ride. Some people are kinda nervous about that, which is understandable. Maybe they think he wants to rob them.
Danny sure does have a huge car collection.
I heard his full name is Danny Coker. Is he related to those Coker Tire clowns? ( That would explain where he gets the money to buy all his cars and bikes he has )

beertracker 11-18-2012 01:25 PM

Cancellation is the best news I have heard in a long time.

1971BB427 11-18-2012 02:10 PM

They're all a waste of time! American Chjopper, Jesse James, Counting Cars, Fast and Loud, etc. They're all trumped up drama, and any of it that's real just detracts from really building anything, or the audience learning from the build process.
I stopped watching anything Jesse James did back when he had Monster Garage, and from what I hear his new show Austin Speed Shop is just more drama filled TV.
As much as I'd love to see a really good car show, I have given up hope it will ever happen.