Hot Rod Forum banner

Goodguys Pleasanton 8-23-15

1K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
After Friday night and yesterday working on that damn hot water heater getting up this morning to go to the Goodguys was a very welcome treat. Nick and I climbed into the Rambler without even washing it and head off. I had such a good time I just can't explain. A great day with Nick, ran into some old friends, my nephew and girl friend (can't believe I didn't get a photo) with this very cool truck. Had a few tasty treats, saw some outstanding cars, yep, we had a great time.

Brian

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 123pugsy
#2 ·
This is I believe the only Metro I have ever seen with custom wheels, EVER.
The Hudson was $800, it was the only car there for less than what a frigging house costs. The Merc was a knock out, an absolutely perfect work of art.

I love the sticker on the Metro, very cool.

Brian

Attachments

#3 ·
The collection of salt cars was friggin awesome! I have got to get out there one of these speed weeks, damn these things are cool!

Attachments

#4 ·
Look at the craftsmanship in that red one with the close up photo of the front. Look at the lines, that is all hand made, friggin beautiful!

Attachments

#5 ·
Nick was of course interested in the Falcons, this one was a cool little racer. There were quite a few for him to check out. His gears are turning that is for sure.

Attachments

#6 ·
I didn't get this truck, the craftsmanship was outstanding but I didn't "get" it. The Buick, omg that thing was detailed big time, straight, friggin art. I don't get the whole fake engine stuff. Why through so much work to make a Chevy motor look like a Buick? Putting a Buick in would have been easier, and cheaper, don't get it. Or put the Chevy in and be proud of it. And by the way, the Buick doesn't have white walls on it....those are the wheels!

Brian

Attachments

#7 ·
This Nova was both Nick and my favorite at the show. Absolutely outstanding, I can find things, oh yeah, if you can nothing wrong then it would be unworldly but it was very few and far between, this thing was as straight as they come.

Attachments

#9 ·
This Chevelle was interesting, check out the rear wheel wells. The "A" pickup was absolutely beautiful!

Attachments

#10 ·
The Buick, it was for sale. Sorry dude, I am thinking $70K is a bit steep. :rolleyes: The stock bodied '36 was nice to see.

The GT40 replica, oh yeah, that I would love to drive to work every day.

Attachments

#11 ·
This truck made from a suburban craftsmanship was outstanding. Check out the interior with the cloth/letherette covered panel around the rear windows and the dash, that is two different cloth/leatherette or what ever it was covering. Man oh man was that nice.

Attachments

#12 ·
This '58 Chevy is an unbelievable survivor with original paint, amazing. So I am looking at it and it hits me, it's got a dual reservoir master cylinder, huh? It had disc brakes on the front! Oh dear God, why in the world would you need to do this? This whole you can't drive on "Modern highways" with drum brakes blows me mind. The Willys is owned by a guy in my home town. He was in a car club I was in back in the seventies and that car is untouched since then!

Brian

Attachments

#13 ·
The 240Z brings back memories. I remember riding my bike down town to the Datsun dealer to see one, very cool little car. The Mini Cooper, that too, a boy who use to clean my shop up back in the eighties bought one as his first car, a panel like this one but it wasn't a woodie. The VW, oh heck yeah, always been a favorite of mine, little oval window.

Attachments

#14 ·
This Dodge truck blew me away with how well that late model bed fit it! Here is the Martin four two intake on my nephews truck.

Attachments

#15 ·
This Nomad....art! The Duece, I felt dirty looking at that when I am married. I'm sorry for the flamed headlights photo, suck it up. :D Nick driving the Rambler through the fair grounds.

Attachments

#16 ·
This sign is at both sides of this tunnel not to rev engines. We had a good laugh as we left when Nick said "I'm a rebel dad" and revved Marge's engine vrrrm vrrrrm . LOLOLOL

And our drive home through the canyon, what a great day.

I have to say as we have talked about what a "show car" is and how the bar has been raised. There were many, many cars there that at one time would have been a stand out blow away every car in a show kinda car.....now...just one of many. It's incredible how nice these cars get! I remember seeing one of these at a big show, now there are dozens and dozens of them, it's crazy.

Brian

Attachments

#19 ·
Yeah Dan, that's a vintage accessory. If it's the one I am thinking of that car has been around for years looking exactly like that, it's no new retro poser.

Brian

#20 ·
Great pics Brian!! Thanks for posting. Another one I missed. I've got to get some software that would remind me with a screen pop up or something. I just can't remember dates! Phooy!
As for a split master brake cylinder system upgrade, I think it's a must. Having blow brake lines on vehicles three times I can tell you without a hesitation , it's a VERY puckering situation!! I think it's probably one of the best ideas Detroit ever came up with.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.