Hot Rod Forum banner

Goodguys show in Pleasanton today 8-25-12

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
I know slow4dr posted a thread on the Goodguys but I didn't want to highjack it with my photos.

Here was my meeting with my brother and nephew in Niles to head over thru the canyon to Pleasanton.

And once there..

My nephews truck is pretty damn cool.

And my brothers Roadster.

See less See more
#2 ·
How about a factory four speed Impala wagon!

This car drove thru 49 states in seven days!

There was a number of Buick powered cars.

I DUG this Crosley!

Interesting Fiat.

I never get tired of the 39-40's.

This car was so many years ahead of it's time it isn't funny!

Can we say "Kustom"?

This truck was mental case nice, detailed like CRAZY.

My nephews truck got on the local car show tee shirt. And yes they didn't put a Buick in it on the shirt. Some kind of BS copyright crap. I would think all they need is his signature? Dumb

The mini motors were crazy as usual.

??????????

The Pintos and Mavericks were out in force!

BEEE-UU-TEEE-FULLL

How about polishing the underside of an aluminum hood and the firewall, wild!

Are there enough tri fives to go around, yeah, but damn I honestly don't get tired of seeing them if they are this nice.

Finally a time-out kid that I don't feel like punting over the goal post!

I have seen this truck many times and just don't get tired of it, what a beauty.

There were a couple of VERY nice AD Suburbans.

Ford 427 Injection anyone?

How about a giant wrench for your man cave wall?

Or an amusement park boat ride?

Hmmmm,is it fast?

This car has been in a hundred magazines and there it was in the flesh.

This motorcycle was sooooo damn cool I couldn't believe it. I saw him rolling this past the end of the row I was in and had to chase him to get a shot and ask a few questions. It's a "Simplex" and damn cool looking. He paid $1500 for it.

#3 ·
How about a Monza Spider!

This little roadster had a cool warbird theme.

The wife and I are going tomorrow and we will see what we can find. I bribed her with a deep fried Twinkie. :)

Brian

#5 ·
It's funny you should say that Tim, yesterday I was sitting in this beautiful courtyard with trees over us and a brick floor with we were eating our delicious lunch and a beer and I was telling my friend how living in California has it's good points that is for sure. The weather, oh how perfect it was yesterday out there. It's so comfortable it's darn near as nice as Hawaii, no on second thought that is ludicrous it isn't even close geez you walk out at 3 in the morning 365 days of the year in shorts there, but in California it's darn nice.

Everywhere has it's good points and bad points and I have been all over America, California has more good points than bad points (that is of course a matter of opinion).

Brian

#6 ·
I miss it.

We have some of the best yellowstone Cuthroat trout fishing, river running through the farm, Moose eating our crops, Bald eagle habitat, and not enough time to enjoy it. , Ps this morning my wife said her cucumbers in the garden froze last night. as soon as we get the crops harvested we will go south again.

#9 ·
Two of my girls joined me today and we had a nice time, taught my daughter how to tell the difference between 67-68-69 Camaro. :) In the miniature engine hall she learned a lot about engines and why the race in the movie Cars is called the "Piston Cup". By the way you will notice I typed up a little explanation of just what in the heck this car is for people. It helped a lot because I don't sit there next to the car like a lot of people I am walking around. But I heard people saying what they read in it so I will be doing that again, making up a nice sign for it.

I liked this use of the emblems. :D

And they get wild don't they? Then I realized that this car was almost this radical from the factory!

What's funny is this is a STOCK induction system!

And this interior is almost stock!

My daughter and wife standing on the very spot on the fair grounds where they set their tent up and slept for a week at the Girl Scout camp last month.

Right as I start my car to leave my nephew called me (he was parked a ways away from me) with the news that he had lost his keys to the truck! LOL, This was our solution to get him home. I had no tools what so ever, not even my pocket knife! I looked thru the Rambler and found that in a first aid kit I had in the trunk had a little pair of scissors for cutting bandages so I cut a wire out from under the dash that he didn't need and hot wired the truck to get him home. :D

Here I am on the way home being passed by a Nash Metropolitan! This little flatty just doesn't sound healthy going any faster than 55.

Well, I am back home after a great day with my girls and I am going to crash on the couch watching the game. :D

Brian

#11 ·
There were a few 59's and 60's there worth looking at, I have a place in my heart for them as my brother had a 59 Wagon when I was a kid and have loved those cars since.

Brian

#14 ·
Hey Brian, you know there are people there with stupid money. Did you watch the awarding of America's Most Beautiful Street Rod? Half the owners went in for a rust repair/update and came away with a car that cost them north of $200K. Must be nice...

Keith

#18 ·
Damn, after lurking here for 5 years, often seeking MartinSR's insight and knowledge to help me advance my 65 Riviera restoration, I realize that Brain Martin is Russ Martin's brother. Two of the most knowledgable and more importantly helpful people in the world of old cars. Russ built the drivetrain for my car and Brian has been my internet body and paint mentor. Who knew!

Thanks to both of you. :)

Len

#19 ·
LOL, isn't that wild! Thank you so much for the kind words, glad I could be of help. I had a guy call me on the phone about an ad I had in craiglist who ended up being a regular on this forum that I talk to all the time! Yes it is a small world!

Brian

#23 ·
Thanks so much for the kind words John, garsh. :D When my brother and I were looking at this car by brother says "Hey, that is my old gas pedal". The guy then says, I bought that about 20 years ago along with some other parts he pointed out, and it WAS from my brother! Wild!

Brian

#25 ·
Thanks so much for the kind words John, garsh. :D When my brother and I were looking at this car by brother says "Hey, that is my old gas pedal". The guy then says, I bought that about 20 years ago along with some other parts he pointed out, and it WAS from my brother! Wild!

Brian
Stories like that always blow me away but it is surprising how often things like that happen.

When I was at the NATS in Louisville last month I met a man in the Motel Parking lot. He mentioned he was from Indianapolis and I said I had sold my '49 Merc to a man from Avon In.just outside of Indianapolis back in '92. He said yea, I just had dinner with Red 20 minutes ago. He called him and told him to come over to the motel. It turned out we had a great night sitting around chatting. I still owe them both some beer. :). It really is a small world.

John L

#26 ·
John, many of us will have similar stories, it is wild how we will cross paths. If you ever watch the show "Touch" with Kiefer Sutherland it shows examples though of course fiction, COULD happen.

Especially when we are talking about within a "community" like vintage cars. It's cool, it reminds us that we really aren't so different, it's a brotherhood.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.