Hot Rod Forum banner

Goodie bags items

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  painted jester 
#1 ·
THE CAR CLUB THAT I BELONG TO HAS ASKED ME TO DO THE GOODIE BAGS. I AM LOOKING AT EACH ONE OF YOU TO STEER ME OR TELL ME, WHERE I CAN GET ITEMS FOR MY GOODIE BAGS. OUR CAR SHOW IS ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AND EVERYCAR GETS A GOODIE BAG. THEIR WILL BE 300 CARS THERE.IT IS USUALLY A SELL OUT SHOW-----THANKS:welcome:

#2 ·
As I posted on the other thread you have on this subject, (though this subject title is much better. :D) You simply call anyone you think would be interested in advertising at your show. Local auto parts stores, body shops that do hot rods, maybe even the wrecking yards. That and any rod or hot rod supplier you can simply call like Brizios, Speedway and the like, you never know what you will get.

I did exactly what you are doing once for a very large show here in California and got all kinds of stuff! I sent a letter to Meguires wax company and they sent me a gift box worth about $100 for us to put in an auction. You never know until you ask.

People put tools like little screw drivers, or key chains. Calendars, pens, some shops like where I work have beautiful cloth shopping bags, registration and insurance holders for your glove box, day planners, we give away thousands of them a year personally and give away boxes of them to thinks just as you are doing.

Just start calling around and you will get all kinds of stuff. Be ready to tell them how many cars are going to be there, that is the selling point as well as gives them a number of "bag stuffers" they need.

Good luck!

Brian

#3 ·
Don't restrict your searching to just automotive - related companies. Local merchants may be willing to contribute. One of my clubs regularly obtains things like a card good for a free game of bowling, certificates for $5.00 off a women's beauty salon visit, a few bucks off pizzas, etc

Its not just the guys who are there, so if you can include something for spouses or for the home as well for the (mostly) male car owners, it will go a long way towards making your show a hit for ALL attendees and getting good attendance next year!

#5 · (Edited)
Went to a car show and they gave out hats made in Vietnam supporting the police The vets went nuts and then I was "ARRESTED" :pain: check and cut out the tags LOL ( That's an absolutely true story) I was charged with disorderly conduct by 2 young police officers, The Navy veteran prosecutor threw it out :D the show was on Saturday I had to wait in a holding cell till Monday morning:pain::eek:

And don't:boxing: laugh That show was on memorial day!!!!!

Jester

#6 ·
Let me get this straight, you cut out the made in Vietnam tag on your hat? Or were you swinging a razor knife around cutting the tags off the hats they were going to give out?

Brian

#7 ·
No LOL I just voiced my opinion with a few others at the show. and off to the side away from every one to the preacher at the church who was putting on the show! I helped organize the show for them the police department & cops and donuts donated the caps (made in Vietnam). I guess the preacher told the police at the show about the hats being made in Nam. The police were there to lead and tail the cruise! They came over to me and asked what the problem was, I was by my car with my wife setting down, They were young and belligerent to me and I asked them what they were talking about, they told me to stand up I said what for and one tried to stand me up by putting his hand under my arm I blew up and pushed back there was a struggle and I lost LOL even the preacher told them I wasn't causing trouble. But it did no good I was being arrested because "I was interfering in a police officers duty" and charged with disorderly ........!

The caps made in Vietnam were a slap in the face and insulting! Especially on Memorial day!

Brian Quote: "you cut out the made in Vietnam tag on your hat? Or were you swinging a razor knife around cutting the tags off the hats they were going to give out?"........ No LOL the: "Check and cut out the tags" LOL was a pun to the thread starter! For him to check what they hand out LOL! I see my punctuation and capitals led to it being read other then my meaning. Sorry about that LOL

If you are donated a bunch of Korans you don't put them in goody bags at a predominantly Christian Show LOL It will start Trouble! I was just giving him a heads up on what can happen!

Brian, I'm a level headed fairly intelligent (to some :confused:) polite guy, Especially at car shows or gatherings I only have 2 vices cars and smoking!

Jester:thumbup:

#8 ·
I understand your frustration for sure, that is a touchy subject. I work hard at buying American made and it is getting harder and harder.

Brian

#9 ·
The shows now don't have many young people ( a real shame) The attendees are mostly older families! I help set up a lot of car shows but they aren't like they used to be! Facts: I set up a show for a benefit and the people I put in charge collecting donations for trophies from local bushiness's collected almost 2,000 dollars So we had a meeting on the trophies we were going to buy! Some one mentioned trophies for $300.oo And I said "you can't do that people donated 2 grand you have to spend it all , you can get some really outstanding trophy's!" They said no one will know what amount was donated or who donated what! They had a vote and voted for the $300.oo trophies and kept the rest :drunk: They only put on the banner at the show who donated not the amount!

Ive seen this same thing over and over again, from Church shows to shows put on by City's! I have quit helping set up shows now. Every one is setting up shows to make big money! there are still a few that have integrity and put on good shows! But I've lost my faith in in my fellow man! I hate it when there's a good show for orphans, Cancer, Etc! And some one sets up a show on the same day just a couple of miles away! :pain:

Jester

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.