Hot Rod Forum banner

goodwrench 350

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  warning 
#1 ·
i have a 350 goodwrench engine out of a 94 chevy truck. the block has a boss for a mechanical fuel pump, if i get the block machined for a mechanical fuel pump and use a cam that has the lobe for a mechanical fuel pump will i be able to use the pump? i really dont wanna use a electrical fuel pump. im putting the engine in a 66 impala with a 200r4 trans and 342 rear gears. i was thinking of using a old edelbrock performer cam that i bought in 98. its still in the box never been used

#3 ·
TroyBoy said:
Are you sure that it isn't already machined? I have had several of these engines and they all were. Just wondering. That cam is a nice torquey cam and should move your Imp nicely.
i havent checked yet, the engine is in my brother in laws garage, he got it bored over 60 with trw pistons a performer intake and carb and had stainless valves installed in the heads he assembled it but never fired it, i was gonna ditch the stock cam he installed and relube everything . the goodwrench engine is for a tbi engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.