Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - GoPro video, Bucket-T chasing down a motorcycle
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer
I guess I need to share my response to some PMs. I didn't post again on this thread not because someone was raking me over the coals, rather there was no questions to respond to. If I got upset eveytime someone got on my case here on the automotive forums, I wouldn't be a happy camper. I'll just have the common sense to only post my "putzing" videos, and leave the "spirited" videos on my forum....

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

and the Cobra forums. They know me there and don't seem to take issue with my driving on the street or track (accident free on both, 2 million miles). If your willing to accept a ticket, the double yellow lines is a general recommendation in Canada, but law here. There are t imes on the dashed white line, that if driving a Yugo, wouldn't be safe to pass but legal. If your only looking at the video, you may not see what I saw, which was plenty of room (in distance) to complete a safe pass, shy of kicking in the secondaries.

Enough said, I hope.
The Cobra forums probably don't care if you break the law and brag about it. However, here at Hotrodders Jon has a policy of not only frowning on, but also not allowing discussions about street racing. What your video showed was street racing plain and simple. There is no other explanation for it. And your escapade on the interstate at 110 mph (another youtube video) was just plain reckless.

Like I said before, anyone can occasionally have a laps of judgement or feel the need to release a little extra testosterone once in a while, but doing it on purpose with video documentation is just dumb and it speaks volumes about your maturity. I'm sure you don't agree, but when you post stuff like that on the internet you'll have to expect that people who are mature enough to realize your actions are reckless, will point that out to you.... not that it will do any good. I'm afraid the only way you'll really learn this lesson is when you kill yourself or someone else. Unfortunately, by then it will be too late.

Centerline
Hotrodsandhemis.com
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein