GoPro video, Bucket-T chasing down a motorcycle - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 01:21 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bucket23
Looks like it will do the trick. I am not big on liquid cooling, It is more of a gimick in my opinion. Biostar is not my favorite brand of MB but they do sell a lot of them so they must be ok. The key to video stuff is a good video card and a lot of ram. You should be good there.
Biostar is decent mid range. My board in my computer is a Biostar. I would agree on the liquid cooling. It looks cool, but fan cooling does the trick just the same with good airflow thru the case. Usually 2 80mm in the front and 1 or 2 in the back, or single 120mm in the front and single 120mm in the back is enough, whichever the case is set up for

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 03:57 AM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

I don't intend to over clock, that is where liquid cooling is a must. The other benefit is quieter operation on computers that would get hot and need high speed from the fans. This unit has a digital readout of CPU, video card and PS's temperature and the fans are variable speed to meet cooling needs. You can override when adding a voice over, where you want a quiet environment or speed it up if you know future demands will be high. Kinda cool, no pun intended.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:13 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1silverhawk
Centerline,

You didn't respond here four times because you wanted to let deckofficer know that he was in violation of any forum rules.

If you read the entire thread before posting your first reply, then I am sure you noticed that:

1. deckofficer made it clear in his first post that he linked the video here to see if could be embedded on the forum. The title of the thread suggests the content of the video linked. Nowhere does he brag or glorify street racing and dangerous driving.

2. Several forum members called him out on his mistake (no one does it more than once), and managed to stay on the topics of this thread: video and the appropriate technology required for video editing.

3. deckofficer, although not obligated to in any way, admits to his mistake and goes a step further and shows that two people learned their lesson that day.

4. deckofficer, after admitting "how dumb it was", then goes to on say that he got heat from other forum's members as well.

You didn't respond here four times because you wanted to let deckofficer know that he was in violation of any forum rules. You did it because you like to take it out on people online when you can find the slightest fault with what they may do or say. Had you actually called out deckofficer in the interest of following forum rules and encouraging safe driving, you would have said the portion quoted below portion in your first response.

And in your first response, you could have simply left the matter alone after saying what you did in your response quoted below.

But, you didn't stop there. You continued with:

And you still could've just left it alone there. But you didn't. You continued with:

For the record, you made no mention of any violation of forum rules in your first response.

Then, almost 12 hours pass. Almost... (just short of 6 minutes)

You began again, the following morning:
... and you ended with:

Again, for the record, you made no mention of any violation of forum rules in your second response.

Other forum members, including myself, saw and read all this after you posted for the second time - within a 12 hour period - and fellow member 65GTO455 can't help but ask:

You responded to 65GTO455 with:

... and you ended with:

Once again, for the record, you made no mention of any violation of forum rules in your third response.

deckofficer responded and clarified that, as the driver, he was engaged in what he would call "spirited" driving and made his pass - against the law - with enough distance to do so. Again, this was after he had already admitted in an earlier post how "how dumb it was and for 99.99% of the time just putz around, short-shifting (1000~1600rpms)." he doesn't attack or go off on any forum member for calling him out. But even his response shows that he knows he is being picked on now. But he tried to dissipate the whole thing by ending with, "enough said, I hope," and went back to the topic - by starting a new post - that everyone has been addressing the entire time: what computer is good enough to handle his video editing needs.

Again, peace could've made here and the conversation on the computer could have continued...

But you couldn't let it go. Why? Because your need to have the last word. And considering the fact that I have lurked on this forum long enough to have read several of your posts and threads, and have lots of experience going toe-to-toe with people who live for the last word, I would know.

You responded for the fourth time, finally referencing forum violation:

Nowhere did deckofficer brag about breaking the law. I've read all the posts. Thoroughly. Several times.

You continued with:

... and ended (for now) with:

You didn't respond here four times because you wanted to let deckofficer know that he was in violation of any forum rules.

deckofficer admitted his stupidity. He admitted that he had been called for his stupidity several times on other forums as well. ever did he brag or defend what he did. No forum member here, aside from you, brought up what he did more than once. You called him an idiot several times. You posted quotes at the end of each response that talk about stupidity. He tried to move on by changing the subject. You brought the thread right back to it. You couldn't let it go.

Why?

Because your need to have the last word. And considering the fact that I have lurked on this forum long enough to have read several of your posts and threads, and have lots of experience going toe-to-toe with people who live for the last word, I would know.

P.S. Oh, and when you decide to respon, please do let us know if Jon also frowns upon and has a rule against bullying, harassing and spending an unnecessary amount of time calling people out while not letting the subject change...

"I'm sure you don't agree, but when you post stuff like that on the internet you'll have to expect that people who are mature enough[ ... will point that out to you.... not that it will do any good." - Centerline
Actually I would like to respond to this.... but quite frankly your rambling is not only difficult to understand but lacks organization and makes very little sense. Of course that's just my opinion.

Centerline
Hotrodsandhemis.com
"Itís easy to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then donít say it." - Anonymous
Old 05-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Actually I would like to respond to this.... but quite frankly your rambling is not only difficult to understand but lacks organization and makes very little sense. Of course that's just my opinion.

Centerline
Hotrodsandhemis.com
"Itís easy to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then donít say it." - Anonymous
I understood every word. And I agree with every word Lt1 has said. It began with the name calling,
Quote:
On second thought and after watching all your videos I've come to the conclusion that you really are an idiot.
which is still against the rules in our guidelines. You're beating a dead mule to get the last word in, give it up, it looks foolish. This thread needs to be split and the crap sent to the dump. Dan

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.