GoPro video, Bucket-T chasing down a motorcycle - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

GoPro video, Bucket-T chasing down a motorcycle

Still running my old computer (but not for long) coverted a piece of video to AVI and I'll see here if that worked. Poor computer's CPU was pegged at 100 % for the entire edit process. Have not addressed the slightly sloopy mount, not shimmed yet. Things will get better with the new computer. Any recommendations on a computer? I'm considering a power house "gamer" type computer.

This sequence if it works, is the neighbor kid blowing by me and 3 other cars on his crotch rocket, I had to wait for oncoming traffic to pass and to be able to see about 300' of road. Had to get it from 55 to 110 quick for an upcoming turn. For the hard core gearheads, all that passing was done in 4th gear (1:00 to 1:00) same as doing the pass in top gear of the old Muncie. I pulled 3rd to cut down on the amount of time spent in the opposing lane over the double yellow line, but upshifted to 4th at 3500 rpms. The low rpm torque has made me lazy about pulling gears or running much above 3500. 3500 in 5th is 142.5.

How do you post here to get the video player to show instead of just a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YlAuK_aJWc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer
Still running my old computer (but not for long) coverted a piece of video to AVI and I'll see here if that worked. Poor computer's CPU was pegged at 100 % for the entire edit process. Have not addressed the slightly sloopy mount, not shimmed yet. Things will get better with the new computer. Any recommendations on a computer? I'm considering a power house "gamer" type computer.

This sequence if it works, is the neighbor kid blowing by me and 3 other cars on his crotch rocket, I had to wait for oncoming traffic to pass and to be able to see about 300' of road. Had to get it from 55 to 110 quick for an upcoming turn. For the hard core gearheads, all that passing was done in 4th gear (1:00 to 1:00) same as doing the pass in top gear of the old Muncie. I pulled 3rd to cut down on the amount of time spent in the opposing lane over the double yellow line, but upshifted to 4th at 3500 rpms. The low rpm torque has made me lazy about pulling gears or running much above 3500. 3500 in 5th is 142.5.

How do you post here to get the video player to show instead of just a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YlAuK_aJWc
Passing on a double yellow

Chet
Old 05-09-2011, 01:07 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Why Sir, it looks like you be flying down the CA 1! This forum doesn't seem to allow video embedding. users can only post a link, afaik. Btw, which Go Pro are you using? I've been wanting to invest in a few of those to use at the local track.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:42 PM
boatbob2

Wiki Edits: 0

To T-bucket..........

Let us know where to send the flowers for YOUR funeral,Passing on a DOUBLE YELLOW is NEVER smart,i would have LOVED to see you do that when i was a Sheriffs Deputy.....lets see,speeding,reckless driving,passing in a prohibited area,that should be good for at LEAST a $500.00 fine,and your license for minimun of 6 months.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1silverhawk
Why Sir, it looks like you be flying down the CA 1! This forum doesn't seem to allow video embedding. users can only post a link, afaik. Btw, which Go Pro are you using? I've been wanting to invest in a few of those to use at the local track.
It is the motorsports version. For editing you will need one fast computer, GoPro recommends 3.2 GHz, 4GB RAM, and a dedicated video card with 1GB. I won't mention where this was, just know that I know how dumb it was and for 99.99% of the time just putz around, short-shifting (1000~1600rpms). The kid on the bike is my neighbor and he drives way too fast on our rural, residential streets. We have always been on good terms, and since I caught him on the GoPro (it was my 1st drive with it), he now drives 20 mph on our street just like me. He doesn't want his Dad to see the video, so we got a deal
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:

That's a very good quality camera. The picture is sharp and I didn't notice any shake. I'm thinking of getting three or four of them to get different views for drag and road racing. I believe there is anew HD version out for the Motorsports series.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

I am using the 1080P HD Motorsports camera, BUT my old computer's CPU is a lowly 1.6GHz, so I converted the video to AVI to edit and post. I am now in the market for a "gamers" powerhouse type of PC. I have stills and a write up on this GoPro here........

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/2011/05/0...g-curve/#post8

you will also see a clip kept at 1080P HD, but still degraded by youtube. Plug this sucker into your HDTV 1080P and you will love it.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Well Bob at least you had your head gear on.

Cole
Old 05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloc431962
Well Bob at least you had your head gear on.

Cole
Yea Cole,

Can't be a corpse with tangled hair. Sure taking the heat for the same post on the HAMB. My forum and a Cobra forum are the only two that reserved judgement on my mental state.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:37 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Must be a "Crotch Rocket" thing. I have had several occurrences of one, two and as many as 6 pass me on double yellow lines in very limited sight areas. Each has been successful only because I and the oncoming traffic were able to stop and let them live another day. Their days are numbered because they tend to get bolder and bolder until one day, a vehicle operator acts as stupidly as they.

Trees
Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Last photo:

If you want a real powerhouse PC build one yourself. With your skills it should not be a problem. Do a little research and pick your components. You will get a much faster better quality PC for less money.. PS the video is fantastic

Vince
Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
"But how do it know?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer
I am using the 1080P HD Motorsports camera, BUT my old computer's CPU is a lowly 1.6GHz, so I converted the video to AVI to edit and post. I am now in the market for a "gamers" powerhouse type of PC. I have stills and a write up on this GoPro here........

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/2011/05/0...g-curve/#post8

you will also see a clip kept at 1080P HD, but still degraded by youtube. Plug this sucker into your HDTV 1080P and you will love it.
There was a time when the 1.6 Ghz was blazin' fast . But I think a name-brand "gamer PC" might be a bit much, in terms of price. With some research, you can piece it all together and build it yourself.

Btw, I went to the link and noticed that at lower definition, there was a significant amount of fish-eye efefct. But at full 1080, everything was sharp and straight. Audio quality seemed the same no matter what the resolution was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28
If you want a real powerhouse PC build one yourself. With your skills it should not be a problem. Do a little research and pick your components. You will get a much faster better quality PC for less money.. PS the video is fantastic

Vince
+1 to that!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 AM

Last journal entry:
Last photo:

I remember those days of owning a crotch rocket. Uncomfortable, great gas mileage and extreme amounts of power. I had a 2005 Yamaha R1 with a filter, exhaust, lower gears and no emissions system on it. The gearing brought the top speed down from 180mph to 160. But that bike could get up to 150mph in 10 seconds no problem.

Even the stock bikes out perform every vehicle on the road:
http://youtu.be/K6ng5V38XV8

I remember reading in a book that a motorcycle rider uses more neurons per second than a jet fighter pilot. The only difference is a jet fighter pilot doesn't have whales flying around with him.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Dual core 3ghz prosessor computer with no frills would be less than $400 to build..

A kid that's sister went to the same school as me, went to pass a school bus trhu a double yellow, And hit a Dodge Cummins Diesel while everyone on the bus witnessed it.. And he did not make it..
Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Deck Officer, I am amazed at how good that T handles
at that speed even with the small steering
wheel. Scary Video but I was impressed.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.