gorilla glue is made by aliens - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

gorilla glue is made by aliens

I read the Gorilla glue is made be alleins, and I have to say I agree with him. except for I am a women with gorilla glue all over both my hands. and before reading his statement. I already tryed anything and everything I could think of to take it off. well guess what nothing and I do mean nothing will take it off. except for one thing. and you have to wait untill the next day and be very careful. a small grit sand paper. hay it took most of it off and exfoliated my hands. like I said becareful dont blister your hands. then put some really good cream on them. I do a lot of tinkering and building. but I also play the piano at church. and I didnt want to go in sunday with black dirty looking hands. no one would want to shake my hand. it is friday now so I hop the rest will ware off before sunday morning. there isnt much left so just mabe. well you all have a great day.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Last photo:

Your right, once it cures nothing will remove it but time. It is however one powerful glue, few if any are better. I have had limited success removing it with the solvent Xylol, but I have serious concerns using that stuff .

Vince
Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 AM

Last photo:

This worked for me with POR 15 (Yep I use that junk occasionally just not on cars) so it should work for Gorilla glue. First clean your hands thoroughly to remove anything else that you may have on them then rub the areas that has glue with lots of baby oil. This takes a few minutes to work but given enough time it will be absorbed into the skin and tends to release anything sticking to it, Removing POR is about like removing a tattoo so if it will remove that should remove anything!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:02 AM

baby oil.

I will keep that in mind. for the next time I do something so stupid. which will probable be tomorrow. cause it is sat. thank you. pam
Old 02-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
This worked for me with POR 15 (Yep I use that junk occasionally just not on cars) so it should work for Gorilla glue. First clean your hands thoroughly to remove anything else that you may have on them then rub the areas that has glue with lots of baby oil. This takes a few minutes to work but given enough time it will be absorbed into the skin and tends to release anything sticking to it, Removing POR is about like removing a tattoo so if it will remove that should remove anything!
Use baby oil, hand lotion, the "orange" type of hand cleaner, rub it into your hands, pull on a pair of disp[osable gloves for 15-20 minutes, take the gloves off and wipe off the slimy crap left behind. I had por15 ALL over my hands yesterday, accidently figured this one out by deciding to wear gloves whenever I use the stuff.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:12 AM

1966 ford f100

I inherited my dad's 1966 ford F100. He bought it when I was 11 and drove it for 38 years. untill dec.2007 when he passed away. it was hit on the passenger side. and upset him so bad his blood pressure spiked and he had a stroke. but I want to fix it up real bad. the breakes have gone down on it. I crank it once a week. and with the help of a few bricks I move it back and forth under my carport. finding time and money is tough. but I'll take some pictures and send them to show the progress. I cant wait to start driving it again. soon as cold wether lets up I plan on fixing the breaks. I figure its the master cylender. or busted lines. form sitting up so long. any hint will help. I cant break the bolts loose as well I once could. thanks. pam.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM

Last photo:

I had not thought of using the gloves, I will remember that trick! Nothing else I tried works nearly as good as the baby oil and I bet combined with those gloves it will work even better.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:29 AM
boatbob2

Gorilla Glue.......

Hi,i dont understand HOW or Why the gorilla glue dried on your hands. after using the glue,wipe your hands with acetone. it will take off the UN-EXPANDED glue.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM

nope not this time. it didnt take it off.I was in the office rebuilding a lorg office chair for one of the girls. and thats how I got it on my hands. and one of the girls gave me fingernail polish remover. and it did not work.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastus1
nope not this time. it didnt take it off.I was in the office rebuilding a lorg office chair for one of the girls. and thats how I got it on my hands. and one of the girls gave me fingernail polish remover. and it did not work.
Fingernail polish remover while it does contain acetone, it is a watered down acetone, usually with oil to keep your skin from drying out too much.

Vince
Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Last photo:

actually the smart trick is to coat your hands with baby oil/gojo/whatever before you even open the Gorilla glue...

do I ever remember to do it?
hell no

acetone finger nail polish remover and alot of patience does work...

it is a catalytic reaction glue so solvents can't do much
Old 02-20-2009, 07:49 PM
1976 Ranchero GT

Last journal entry: Almost time for the first drive!
Last photo:

I have found that is you crank up the hot water in the shower and stay in there long enough to get prunny you can scrape the stuff off with a knife.

Thats why I keep that Rambo knife in the shower.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 PM
1947 Chevy Coupe

Last photo:

When doing ANYTHING, you need the proper PPE or personal protective equipment. This means safety glasses, hoods, clothes, goggles, gloves, FR clothing Etc.

Using toxic chemicals to clean off other chemicals AFTER exposure is a health risk. The proper course is to ear latex gloves FIRST.

Kind of reminds me of my Ex. "I burned myself on this hot pan!" Were you wearing oven mits? "No!" Well then DUH!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:04 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Use baby oil, hand lotion, the "orange" type of hand cleaner, rub it into your hands, pull on a pair of disp[osable gloves for 15-20 minutes, take the gloves off and wipe off the slimy crap left behind. I had por15 ALL over my hands yesterday, accidently figured this one out by deciding to wear gloves whenever I use the stuff.
thats what works for me,black paint is a little embaressing at a resturant
Old 02-20-2009, 08:25 PM

Last photo:

Lacquer thinner might do it. It will remove JB weld from anything after soaking for a bit. I know from experience. It will remove POR 15 from your hands too but takes some scrubbing. If you can soak your hands in it for a bit (do it outside or you'll be high as a kite) it would probably work but be a lil boring until youre done. Try the baby oil thing first tho, you cant put lacquer thinner in a glove and wear it around. It will melt it.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.