Hot Rod Forum banner

gorilla glue is made by aliens

4K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
I read the Gorilla glue is made be alleins, and I have to say I agree with him. except for I am a women with gorilla glue all over both my hands. and before reading his statement. I already tryed anything and everything I could think of to take it off. well guess what nothing and I do mean nothing will take it off. except for one thing. and you have to wait untill the next day and be very careful. a small grit sand paper. hay it took most of it off and exfoliated my hands. like I said becareful dont blister your hands. then put some really good cream on them. I do a lot of tinkering and building. but I also play the piano at church. and I didnt want to go in sunday with black dirty looking hands. no one would want to shake my hand. it is friday now so I hop the rest will ware off before sunday morning. there isnt much left so just mabe. well you all have a great day.

#3 ·
This worked for me with POR 15 (Yep I use that junk occasionally just not on cars) so it should work for Gorilla glue. First clean your hands thoroughly to remove anything else that you may have on them then rub the areas that has glue with lots of baby oil. This takes a few minutes to work but given enough time it will be absorbed into the skin and tends to release anything sticking to it, Removing POR is about like removing a tattoo so if it will remove that should remove anything!

#5 ·
oldred said:
This worked for me with POR 15 (Yep I use that junk occasionally just not on cars) so it should work for Gorilla glue. First clean your hands thoroughly to remove anything else that you may have on them then rub the areas that has glue with lots of baby oil. This takes a few minutes to work but given enough time it will be absorbed into the skin and tends to release anything sticking to it, Removing POR is about like removing a tattoo so if it will remove that should remove anything!
Use baby oil, hand lotion, the "orange" type of hand cleaner, rub it into your hands, pull on a pair of disp[osable gloves for 15-20 minutes, take the gloves off and wipe off the slimy crap left behind. I had por15 ALL over my hands yesterday, accidently figured this one out by deciding to wear gloves whenever I use the stuff. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
1966 ford f100

I inherited my dad's 1966 ford F100. He bought it when I was 11 and drove it for 38 years. untill dec.2007 when he passed away. it was hit on the passenger side. and upset him so bad his blood pressure spiked and he had a stroke. but I want to fix it up real bad. the breakes have gone down on it. I crank it once a week. and with the help of a few bricks I move it back and forth under my carport. finding time and money is tough. but I'll take some pictures and send them to show the progress. I cant wait to start driving it again. soon as cold wether lets up I plan on fixing the breaks. I figure its the master cylender. or busted lines. form sitting up so long. any hint will help. I cant break the bolts loose as well I once could. thanks. pam.

#10 ·
mastus1 said:
nope not this time. it didnt take it off.I was in the office rebuilding a lorg office chair for one of the girls. and thats how I got it on my hands. and one of the girls gave me fingernail polish remover. and it did not work.
Fingernail polish remover while it does contain acetone, it is a watered down acetone, usually with oil to keep your skin from drying out too much.

Vince

#13 ·
When doing ANYTHING, you need the proper PPE or personal protective equipment. This means safety glasses, hoods, clothes, goggles, gloves, FR clothing Etc.

Using toxic chemicals to clean off other chemicals AFTER exposure is a health risk. The proper course is to ear latex gloves FIRST.

Kind of reminds me of my Ex. "I burned myself on this hot pan!" Were you wearing oven mits? "No!" Well then DUH!!!

#14 ·
dinger said:
Use baby oil, hand lotion, the "orange" type of hand cleaner, rub it into your hands, pull on a pair of disp[osable gloves for 15-20 minutes, take the gloves off and wipe off the slimy crap left behind. I had por15 ALL over my hands yesterday, accidently figured this one out by deciding to wear gloves whenever I use the stuff. :rolleyes:
thats what works for me,black paint is a little embaressing at a resturant

#15 ·
Lacquer thinner might do it. It will remove JB weld from anything after soaking for a bit. I know from experience. It will remove POR 15 from your hands too but takes some scrubbing. If you can soak your hands in it for a bit (do it outside or you'll be high as a kite) it would probably work but be a lil boring until youre done. Try the baby oil thing first tho, you cant put lacquer thinner in a glove and wear it around. It will melt it.

#17 ·
thinner

it also absorbs through the skin into your blood and also dries your skin not to mention the burn if you have a cut or hangnail.i had to wash the paint off a complete paint job because i forgot to put hardner in it got high as heck felt real good for an hour then had the worst headache ever for four hours now i use nothing but painters soap or dawn with gloves but use gloves to start with and no mess no problems.save the thinner for cleaning your guns

#18 ·
deadbodyman said:
it also absorbs through the skin into your blood and also dries your skin not to mention the burn if you have a cut or hangnail.i had to wash the paint off a complete paint job because i forgot to put hardner in it got high as heck felt real good for an hour then had the worst headache ever for four hours now i use nothing but painters soap or dawn with gloves but use gloves to start with and no mess no problems.save the thinner for cleaning your guns
It only dries your hands out for a lil while, I use it quite a bit. Alot of stuff if it contains alcohol (nail polish, etc) will burn and dry your hands. I do agree tho, use gloves when using POR15, Super glue, gorilla glue, paint, etc. But if youve already got it on you and you need it off, you gotta do what you gotta do.

#19 ·
Nothing will dissolve it when it has dried.

I still find Aloe Baby Wipes to be the best for removing anything that gets on my hands, non toxic too.

I would have a long hot shower and scape it off. Try the baby wipe trick, it works really well for most things and will get the stuff out of your pores.

#20 ·
I use a vegetable brush when I need to really get the shop stuff off. Long soak in hot water with dish wash soap seems the best for me.

After a lifetime of solvents and oils in the shop I am extremely sensitive to any solvent. It drys the skin and in a matter of hours I can get a skin crack that quickly gets real sore. Right now it is tough to even type.

Even leather gloves which I have to wear all day long at work dry the skin. I usually use a soft cotton glove inside except the TIG gloves.

For glues there is a product called Liquid Gloves that I got at the drug store. It seems to be just a heavier hand lotion but it does work if you use it before the fact.

#21 ·
Harbor Freight has packages of 100 disposable gloves, latex, plastic or nitrile(the best choice) and all are about $7 to $10 a box. There are better brands but more expensive and these cheapies do last if reasonably careful at least a couple of times before they tear. Regardless, somehow I still will usually get something like Gorilla Glue, Minwax Stain or SPI epoxy on my hands - and in 2-3 weeks it will all be gone - until the next time :D :D

Just dont use chemicals like acetone, lacquer thinner, gasoline or similar. Enough of that stuff can kill, or at least could make you very sick. I spent a night in the E-room at a hospital from using thinners cleaning parts. The high was great, but the lack of being able to breathe and chest pains a few hours later wasn't fun. Then there was the bill, even with health insurance :pain: and that caused another ache - in the check book.

Dave W

#22 ·
I've pushed this product before at this site, Bag Balm, for cow udders, works great for dry skin, it's cheap, around 4 bucks a tin at Walgreens, a tin will last forever, can't be beat.

For the dried on paint or por15, rub hand lotion or a gentle hand cleaner, the citrus kind seems to work best, on your hands, put the disposable gloves on for a half hour or so, the sweating of the skin helps push the crud out of your pores. Take the gloves off and start wiping your hands off with a rag.

Dan

Wannabe Heloise household hinter

#23 · (Edited)
mastus1 said:
I inherited my dad's 1966 ford F100. He bought it when I was 11 and drove it for 38 years. untill dec.2007 when he passed away. it was hit on the passenger side. and upset him so bad his blood pressure spiked and he had a stroke.
They don't build 'em like they used to... I'd be that upset as well. everything is automatic and luxurious these days, or plastic. What happend to a good, honest pickup like the f100 you have? Take a current truck off road and try not to bust any politically correct aerodynamic aids, scrape it up from low clearance, or bang your head on the aerodynamic a pillar. Gosh it's a shame. They're nicer on the road, sure, but isn't that what a passenger car is for?

My rant aside...

Well, remember when working with tools, chemicals, or anything else, safety first

#24 ·
handy

heres a handy little tool i found that works great for cleaning your hands and nails also wheels.use your favorite hand soap,its a big help when your going out in public .well couldnt send a picture but its called sonic scrubber and it looks like a giant electric tooth brush worth every penny :thumbup:

#25 ·
I'll bet butter or a warm porkchop will take it off..seems like when ever I get stuff on my hands that won't come off with acetone, carb cleaner, laquer thinner, gasoline or TNT and a wire wheel or scotchbrite pad, as soon as I get home and start cooking, the stuff always stains up the cube of butter or sausage patty...cheese seems very absorbent too. Never tried it with go-rilla glue though..I think a test is in order. ;)

Later, mikey

#26 ·
powerrodsmike said:
I'll bet butter or a warm porkchop will take it off..seems like when ever I get stuff on my hands that won't come off with acetone, carb cleaner, laquer thinner, gasoline or TNT and a wire wheel or scotchbrite pad, as soon as I get home and start cooking, the stuff always stains up the cube of butter or sausage patty...cheese seems very absorbent too. Never tried it with go-rilla glue though..I think a test is in order. ;)

Later, mikey
Mikey... :D I needed that laugh....LOL... :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.