Got some dumb kid that wanted to race me :( - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2003, 02:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Got some dumb kid that wanted to race me :(

My Camaro is finally drivable..its a 84 Z28, with a TH350 tranny and shift kit, 3.73 posi rear, headers,edelbrock crab,intake,ectectect...the motor is a 355, and she sure does move, i raced my cousins 98 TA and beat him pretty bad. But the first real kill was with this dumb kid with a Dodge Avenger, its a stick and completly stock. he blew up his old motor because he changed the oil and the gasket stuck to the motor from the filter and he didnt check so all his oil leaked out and he blew his motor.(that was a while ago) He is in his 20's and lives right across the road from my gf, i drove my monster up there to show her. When i left i took off easy and got to about 50-55 (straight headers so its loud) and popped up over this hill to a nice long straight strech, and i see him pop up going like 65-70 and i know hes gonna pass me, i think thats fine then he sticks his hand out and flips me off when he is at my rear 1/4 panel, so i matted it, when he got to my door he started to fall back hard, i took it to 120 or so and he was about 2 bus lengths back, i let off due to a bump coming up, i hit the brakes and of course he did the ***** flyby (why do they always think they win after we hit the brakes LOL), i just thought that was funny. ) YAY I dont street race much, i know its bad.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Where are the police when you really need them anyway??

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:31 PM

Last photo:

i really dont street race much
Old 07-19-2003, 04:39 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

TO THE DUMP, TO THE DUMP, TO THE DUMP DUMP DUMP!!!!!
Old 07-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

The car or the thread?
Later,
WEIMER
Old 07-20-2003, 11:22 AM

Last photo:

ouch
Old 07-21-2003, 01:03 AM
Chevy sittin' low

Thumbs up

Don't worry man, I've been reading your threads on your build up, and I give you props. I personnaly like to hear these stories, and don't see why it should go to the dump. As far as the car goes, don't feel bad when someone disses it, we can't all have a ton of money to build a blown roadster. Us young guys have to start somewhere, with some sort of affordable vehicle. Isn't that what rodding is all about? saving money? Anyways, cool story, be a proud of all the hard work you've done, if you aren't than it was for nothing........
Old 07-21-2003, 01:17 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

you young guys need to remember,

that avenger wasn't worth your gas....... they never are.
but i know, it feels good.......
Old 07-21-2003, 06:35 AM

Well its better they win sometimes like that. I was drag racing a guy near my high school nad he didn't brake for a big bump and he tore the rear-end clean out of his car.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:47 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

First off congrats on getting your car going, a few more days & my Project should be running.

I drive an LS1 powered car, & it kind of hurts my feelings that you kind of make it sound easy to beat an LS1 powered car that is capable of running high 12's off of the showroom floor, and you spend most of your time talking about beating a Dodge Avenger. WTF?

Watch what you race, the stuff around these days, doesn't have to sound fast to be fast. My LS1 Formula ran a 13.2 off of the showroom floor, less than $1000 later I was running 12.5's & now with another $1000 I'm running 11.32's We will be deep into the 10's by mid fall & will still look & sound stock and still be able to take extended trips while using the AC.

Also watch out for that new little Dodge Neon SRT4 they are running 12's with less than $10 worth of mods ( Bleeder valve ) Lancer EVO's and Subaru WRX's & WRX Sti's will surprise you too.

Oh By the way, as you can tell, I do a lot of racing & keep up on what's fast on the street & what thinks it's fast.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:07 PM

Last photo:

The Avenger was just funnier And the Lancers have 271 hp with like 18.9 or 19.8 lbs of boost and the Wrx is 300hp/trq Awd, they run in the 13's i think stock, high 13's
Old 07-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubberman2003
The Avenger was just funnier And the Lancers have 271 hp with like 18.9 or 19.8 lbs of boost and the Wrx is 300hp/trq Awd, they run in the 13's i think stock, high 13's
Actually I think the Lancers are running somewhere around 22psi of boost, that's alot of pressure to make horsepower with stock. But they already are running in the 11's & the WRX's have some 11 sec cars too, their weak point is the transmission. The most surprising of all of the Showroom Quick Sport Compact cars is the Neon SRT4, I'm telling you that if people exploit that market with the SRT4 we will be seeing them at the track all the time running 10's in an almost stock 4 Cylinder. And they only list for around $20k. I know 6 different people with Lancers & 4 or 5 different people with WRX's, I have a good bit of first hand knowledge on this subject. I have a deal worked out with them, they tell me exactly how fast their cars are & what they did to them & I don't take them down the street for some good old V8 Powered Slayin.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:22 PM

Last photo:

Thats just the info i heard on TNN one Saturday morning

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.