Hot Rod Forum banner

got these heads with my block 193

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  1996thunderchicken 
#1 ·
its a 350 sgi block theads last 3 digits are 193 on both heads so no mix match i know there swirlport heads and that they have the 185 cc intake runner and that there 65 cc chambers i like the heads so im gonna do a lil to em to make em breathe a little easier and able to breathe past 5000 which is there fall on the face mark dont need em for 6000 use maybe 5500 but thats about it daily driver with a lil better maligae and low end torque lol

#2 ·
For those of you (like me) who don't know what SGI is, I googled it and found this explanation on answers.com........
"Spheroidal Graphite (Cast) Iron. As the name implies, graphite is present in spheroidal form instead of flakes and compared with Grey Cast Iron it has higher mechanical strength, ductility and increased shock resistance."

I'm always amused when someone says he is going to grind on a set of heads and make them better. If you don't have a PhD in Fluid Dynamics or decades of head porting experience, my best guess is that you'll end up with heads that won't flow any better than stock.....or maybe worse.

You're saying that this is a street driver motor, so bolt it together and go. You'll never use revs past 5000 anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.