got a ticket- he got the wrong truck - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Im trying to have an idea!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

got a ticket- he got the wrong truck

Here is a quick breakdown

when to Westlake, Texas for business Friday night in a company truck. Left at lunch time Sunday. Feet were absolutely killing me. Used cruise control the whole way back to Abilene Texas set at about 70mph. About 22 miles outside of Abilene, a State Trooper came barreling down behind me, at the time I was going to pass a car at about 70 mph, but pulled back to the right lane to let him go by. He speed up to my driver door and slowed down, got behind me and pull me over. So I pulled over, wondering what I did. He came on the passenger side of the car and told me if there was an emergency, or was i trying to kill me and everyone around me. I looked at him like, what the hell you talking about. He told me he clocked me doing 105 in a 70 zone, that he seen me pass a car on the right side. I said I do not remember passing anyone with in 50 miles. He took my id and insurance. Took a while back there, and me sitting there dumb founded. Then he came back, and asked me to get out of the truck. I got out of the truck and put my shoes back on. Another officer came around. He took me to the passenger side of his car, and told me to look at his digital speed meter. It said 105 and 73; he said he was doing 73 and I was doing 105. I told him again he has the wrong person. Then he said that i fit the description; white Nissan truck, guy with blue shirt. Then he said that a couple of miles back, that there was another truck fitting that same description, and that it was an elderly couple, but no blue shirt. Then I thought, if that guy was were a blue shirt that he would have been pulled over. Then I told him again that I do not remember passing anyone, especially at that speed. Then he gave me the ticket. Then told me that he drove 125mph to catch up to me. He had to drive down to a cross over, because of the guard rail. He called for people to block me down the highway. Then it took him 7 miles to catch me, (at which I was doing 70mph).

Now I am thinking, how many exits there were between that 7 mile stretch. The guy had no plate number, no face description. It was about 5pm, I was driving east on I20, had my visors down, on the left side of my face, and in front.

I will be pleading not guilty. Any of you guy ever experience this? How would go about this on your defense. Jury or no Jury. Any advise will help a whole lot

Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Auto Parts Professional

Last photo:

mmmm your up for a fight. I feel sorry for you, but I somehow think that you wont win.

The great justice system that we have. If its your word against the cop, your lying.

Holder350...

Doc, we will all mis you. RIP
Old 12-04-2007, 09:24 AM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:

I wish you the best.I would go jury ,If you get the wrong judge he will hang you but a jury will probably side with you because of your evidence or the troopers lack of it.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:31 AM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Does your cruise controll have a recall? Or if you can find a tuner for the truck set the speed liliter to say 75 mph
Shane
Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Last journal entry: 351W rebuild
Last photo:

Hi,
I would fight this ticket also, &
I would find an attorney that does
motor vehicle infractions as his primary
practice, I'm not to sure about a jury, ya
know some people think that whatever a
police officer says is the absolute Truth,
where a judge knows better. If you tell
an attorney everything that you have
written in your post, I have no doubt he
will get you off.
Good luck,
rich
Old 12-04-2007, 10:53 AM
C6, the C5 of tomorrow

Wiki Edits: 7

Definitly fight it, make them PROVE it was you.
Also make sure you get a jury, if for no other reason than to use as a barginaning chip.

Do they have a picture? Then they have no evidence.

But yea, lawyer up!

Keith
Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

If you get a choice, I would go without a jury. I have been on a couple and most people believe anything a cop says...why would they lie?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Last photo:

Depending on the year of the truck the vehicle ECU or computer will have a log of average speed, top speed ect. We get a montly email on our Tahoe that has average speed, oil change intervals, ect, ect. I would also ask for a jury trial, that is your only chance imo.

Vince
Old 12-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Rust Buster

Last journal entry: birthday surprise
Last photo:

Will a Nissan truck even go 105????????
Old 12-04-2007, 03:53 PM

Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicautoresto
Will a Nissan truck even go 105????????
I to was wondering this some ot those nissans had like 4.33 gears(such as my uncles truck 4x4 5 speed) that he complains about only geting 20 mpg
Shane
Old 12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Im trying to have an idea!

Last photo:

thank guys. I will try to get a lawyer depending on the price. I also looked on line, it said that the titan is limited at 120, that will not help me. I'm just scared that I will loose this battle, it will screw with my insurance for a while.

i fell so uneasy about this
Old 12-04-2007, 08:39 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

the ECU stores speeds and such on most every OBD II vehicles, for a while. anyway, to keep the data, do not drive the vehicle anymore until you have the data scanned off the computer.. go to Nissan, they can do it w/ there scan tool deffinetly... if it says you never went 105, and you have that print out for the court, that's evidence.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:18 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I have state of the art scan equipment that only gives me vehicle information when a code is set in the on-board vehicle computer. Only if your "check engine, or Service engine soon" lights were on will it store information. There are aftermarket recorders available for checking vehicle operations. Unless you have one of those, and no check engine, or service engine soon light, Your only defense is your honesty and integrity. Hopefully the judge is having a good day. Lawyer UP.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
I have state of the art scan equipment that only gives me vehicle information when a code is set in the on-board vehicle computer. Only if your "check engine, or Service engine soon" lights were on will it store information. There are aftermarket recorders available for checking vehicle operations. Unless you have one of those, and no check engine, or service engine soon light, Your only defense is your honesty and integrity. Hopefully the judge is having a good day. Lawyer UP.
The computer does save all the information, or this is what the books say anyway ( I have never used a brand specific scanner so I cannot verify ) for a certin period of time, just most
scan tools ( Snap On Modis, OTC Genesis ect... ) will only recover the freeze frame as it is stored diffrently. Brand specific scan tools, are supposto recover all data. I belive also, the govt mandated new vehicles to have a black box a few years ago ( just like plaines black box's ) which would store this information anyway, I know for a fact that some cars have them, but I don't know what it takes to recover the data.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

The "black boxes" have not been implemented in vehicles manufactured in the US yet. They are not supposed to be mandatory till 2010 as I remember. Some High End Cars have them available now. Only the European and German Manufactures have them available. Mostly Mercedes and Jaguars,etc. The NTSB would like to have them in all vehicles mandatory by 2008, but I don't see that happening.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.