Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gotta start 'em early....
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Hot Rod Has Been

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Gotta start 'em early....

I've been doing a little suspension work on my '97 Dodge pick-up getting it ready for new paint and graphics in it's new role as a publicity vehicle for my upcoming RumbleFest hot rod and custom car show.

My buddy Tim has helped me a lot in the past but he's currently a guest of the county for several weeks because of a few driving infractions. Since one of his son's, Brian, really likes cars and often comes over to my shop with his dad, I kinda hired him on as a helper. He's 14.

During the past two weeks we've dropped the front end of the truck by cutting the coils, replaced the ball joints, modified the stock sway bar links to fit the new low stance, reset the rear end pinion angle and pretty much got the truck dialed in to it's new, lower stance.

He's been doing lots of metal prep, grinding, cleaning, using the blast cab, learning a little MIG welding and generally doing whatever I ask.

Here's a shot of him cleaning up a fresh cut I made after I removed part of the frame that formerly had the bump stops on it... and a few more of the truck.

Good kid... next we are going to revamp the stock rear suspension on my '56 f100 and install a pair of Chevy truck arms... hope he sticks with this stuff cause he has some natural fabricating talent....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0316.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	64894   Click image for larger version

Name:	ram 1500 LF.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	64896   Click image for larger version

Name:	ram 1500 rear.jpg
Views:	38