Hot Rod Forum banner

Govener recal on TH350?

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  red65novawagon 
#1 ·
I just installed a transgo shift recal kit on my th350 and I am pleased with the results, however I would like the shifts to be even more crisp. I put the trans kit in after I installed a 3000 stall. My question is, how difficult would it be to recalibrate the govener? I would have to buy the B & M or tci kit. Could anybody explain how to do this? Are there any pros or cons to this modification.... :confused:

#3 ·
Madmax305 said:
I just installed a transgo shift recal kit on my th350 and I am pleased with the results, however I would like the shifts to be even more crisp. I put the trans kit in after I installed a 3000 stall. My question is, how difficult would it be to recalibrate the govener? I would have to buy the B & M or tci kit. Could anybody explain how to do this? Are there any pros or cons to this modification.... :confused:
the 3000 stall converter is probably softening the shifts, the one i had did.

#9 ·
Madmax305 said:
I am using an adjustable b & m modulator and yes, it is attached to a vac manifold port from a holley carb. I have not adjusted the modulator yet, I am not sure which way to adjust it for quicker shifts....
turn it in clockwise about a half a turn and see how it is before you do anymore. there should be an adjuster on your kickdown cable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.