Graduation gift for my daughter - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Tazz

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Graduation gift for my daughter

Would you believe she wanted a Toyota?? I offered her a New Focus but she said she didn't want it?? We found a 91 TOYOTA Celica aLL-track/4WD from tenn. with 94K and it looks Like a New car?? A local used car dealer was on the phone to his man buying cars in tenn. and told him to bring some more AAA quality used cars back because he had sold 5 with the Toyota I bought by 1pm sat. morning and there was a guy waiting to fill out the paper work on a 94 TA for his daughter after my deal was done??

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2004, 07:51 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

You / she won't have any regrets. 94,000 miles is just getting broke in.

Kevin
Old 02-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

I don't blame her for not wanting the Focus either The Focus have the worst designed brakes ever.
The Celica has a sweet motor in it, and the all wheel drive would make a bad little cruiser. Look at the new WRX/STI...
Later,
WEIMER
Old 02-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Clueless Teenager

Last journal entry: Misc.
Last photo:

If I were her, I would have taken a 2000-2004 Ford Focus ZX5 (Same Focus used for the SVT Focus and Saleen Focus). The Saleen Focus ZX5 is bone stock with a Borla cat-back exhaust and nothing else. Everything else on the car from Saleen is just a body kit, 13" Baer Brake Rotors, and a big sticker on the windshield that says "Saleen". My brother and I went and drove a Saleen Focus at the dealership in Ballwin, MO (1 mile from his Townhouse) which is mainly stock keep in mind. It's not that the car only has 150hp, it's that the car has 150hp!!! It's just a small 4 cyl High Output and the car is so light and front wheel drive. When my brother drove it off the lot, we went to Target (Down the street) and changed drivers because he didn't want to drive it, just me. I pulled out of the parking lot and stopped on a busy street (I was bored) and just lit them up and shifting into 2nd gear it almost went sideways, 3rd gear it squaled them, and 4th gear it chirped (Barely, but with the foot to the floor, it did it ). But, 5th gear wouldn't do jack, but most cars won't anyways. Keep this in mind, and I still can't believe your daughter didn't take a new Focus as that is what I'm going to buy next due to unbelievable stock performance out of the 4 cyl and cheap price for the car AND parts!!!

One thing I must mention : The Toyota will last (mark my words) a guaranteed 300,000 if driven and cared for well. The Focus (again, mark my words) will need the stock fuel injectors replaced at 70,000 miles (give or take 2,000 miles) from the years 2000-2003. Just a consideration...
Old 02-22-2004, 11:04 AM

Tazz,

I would take the Toyota over the Focus, in a heartbeat, but I know your feelings toward vehicles of Japanese heritage. It must be killin' you.

kitkar.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Tazz,

Great reliable car and with periodic oiling the engines last forever. If all the companies focused on quality instead of the bottom line we would all be better off. Did your daughter save you some money on the deal? Are you making her pay the insurance or tacking it on your policy?

I know insurance for kids tripled lately and can rob the pensions right from under us.

The big question for the day, will Tazz work on the Toyota when the daughter brings it home for repairs?

Dutch
Old 02-22-2004, 11:39 PM

Last photo:

hey.. they run with nascar.. so why cant they be used and thought of being american

Nos

hey.. they run with nascar.. so why cant they be used and thought of being american

Nos
Old 02-23-2004, 09:40 AM

Last photo:

Nothings more attractive than a women in an Fbody(with exhaust)
Old 02-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Kill It & Grill It

Last journal entry: New door panels
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 383MontecarloSS
Nothings more attractive than a women in an Fbody(with exhaust)
I agree with that. There is a girl that goes to school with a firebird and a girl who works where i workout that has a Camaro and boy dothey look good in them!
Old 02-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

jap crap vrs Real American cars...NO COMPARISON!

I understand the Focus is made in Mexico?? I have raced jap cars and Italian cars and now I build muscle cars and hot rods, my choice. I let my daughter pick out the car she wanted, it was a graduation present. I just don't relate jap crap to hot rods or muscle cars. I still remember when the jap cars would rust out before you could pay them off, then the American cars did the very same thing a few years later, must have been using jap technology??

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 02-25-2004, 02:48 PM

Last photo:

Now Tazz, I know you'd never allow this in your driveway, but for some reason, I think 'Chic's in Civics' just WORK

Everytime I see a civic, it's a chic. Or some dude with his hat sideways, but still. . . . The chic's look great in 'em. Yea I know, I'm going to Hotdod He!! for saying that.

MoocH
Old 02-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Evil as I wanna Be

Last journal entry: First time out in 8 months!
Last photo:

Can't say I blame the girl for not wanting the Focus. Ours is the biggest bucket ever, and I can't wait to get rid of it.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.