granny took a spin in my cousins chevelle to rescue the boat - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 09:37 AM
faster than a speeding ticket!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

granny took a spin in my cousins chevelle to rescue the boat

ok, first of all im still shaking from this, which happened yesterday, and i am still hurting from the whiplash of the curves. the chevelle is fine, nestled safely in the garage without the keys this time. any way heres the story.

ok my cousin was like 10 minutes late and 15 minutes away from work. he usually uses the gas hog (the chevelle) as his daily driver, but granny went somewhere the night before and blocked in the chevelle. so instead of wasting time moving the grand marquis grandma drives, he just drives it to work in all of its 18 foot, baby-blue glory. [by the way, grandma lives with my aunt and uncle and two cousins, and there are a total of 5 cars in the driveway (i think)]

so grandma wakes up and decides we need some food. so she goes outside with her purse, her old lady jacket into the 90 degree sunlight. im asleep on the couch and i hear "WHERE THE HELL IS MY CAR!?!" so i run out into the garage and grandma is giving me this go to hell look like 'what did you do to it?' i was like grandma i didnt touch it. so she decides someone stole it. i tried to tell her that matt probably drove it to work cuz he was probably running late again. she said no no no he would have told me if he was taking my car. i convince her that matt has the car, and that we should just take his car to him. so we get in the car and its in neutral. granny obviously didnt know how to drive a manual, because she hammered the gas pedal, and the 454 was just roaring (she had the parking brake on). she was like why isnt this piece of **** goin anywhere. i was like grandma, you have to put it in reverse. she was like theres no arm on the steering column, dear. i was like grandma, its on the floor. so she tries to put it in reverse. she was like its not moving. i was like push in the clutch. so she finally figures it out with much backseat driving from me and grinding of the gears in the tranny. we get on the road, and poor granny cant hardly see over the wheel and reach the pedals at the same time. and my god, going around corners was terrifying. the rallys and the bf goodrich's probably laid something else down besides rubber. so anyway, i convince grandma to pull over at a texico and let me drive. so we finally get to the sears, and matt gets chewed by an old lady thats like 4'6", and i almost have a heart attack from grannys driving, but, i got to drive the chevelle. next on my list is my friends corvette.

anyway i just thought id share that with ya'll. have a good one.

by the way, doesnt this beg the question: why would an old lady be so defensive of her car to steal another persons baby and boost it to save hers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2003, 10:33 AM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

sounds like grandma forget to take her Zoloft...joe
Old 08-10-2003, 11:08 AM

Last photo:

That is funny as shiat man lol
Old 08-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

That's like one of the wildest stories yet. Like grandma didn't like even know the shifter was like on the floor. Like wow!!! like I bet that was like one freaky ride. Like GO GRANNY!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 12:43 PM
faster than a speeding ticket!

Last photo:

gram is a stout lil ole pioneer lady that had to walk to school in the freezing cold snow, barefoot, 6 miles, up-hill both ways as she once told me while i was saying that you had to be tough when you were working on the reluctant bolt on the block of a big Rat.

after we got back in the grand marquis i said to her 'grandma, why didnt you just let matt take your car...he would have been home at 4' and she replied, 'darlin, when you take pride in your car and you treat it like it was your baby, you will understand.'

now lets just all pray to God on high that matt doesnt hear the WHOLE story
Old 08-11-2003, 02:25 AM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:

Sounds kinda like when I had to let my mother take one of my cars to work.Try explaining welded spiders to your mother its a time consuming task.Shifting an automatic manualy yet another one of those things.
LOL good story
Old 08-11-2003, 05:45 AM
Pontiac Knowledge Base Editor

Last photo:

When I met my wife she was mad that my room mate could drive my Monte and she couldn't. One day the girls went shopping and my wife took the keys from her (my room mate) and said she could drive the car cause she was gonna marry me anyway so it would be ok. Carrie cryed all the way home because soon to be wifie would not shift the manual auto reverse pattern and could not get the hang of the 2500 stall speed. Well she tosted the trans in 5 miles. Then she feels bad and takes it to the trans shop to get fixed and they just start laughing and adding $$$ to the bill. Then I get a call from the trans shop saying that a stock trans wont hold up behind 400 hp and that they have to charge double. That's when I found out where my car was. I told them not to touch my car I would come and get it.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

LMAO! That's one cool granma. Dan

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.