Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   graphic designers ? how much would u guys charge for a company logo (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/graphic-designers-how-much-would-u-guys-charge-company-logo-135511.html)

lowROLLERchevy 03-21-2008 08:58 PM

graphic designers ? how much would u guys charge for a company logo

66 Attachment(s)
automotive based small biz - mostly internet based

i was originaly going to draw up something based on one of the old "route" signs but i think thats done to death

what would u guys charge ? i cant think of anything good

chappell 03-21-2008 09:00 PM

Find a buddy that ohs you one that can draw good. Why pay for what can come free? :thumbup:

lowROLLERchevy 03-21-2008 09:06 PM

66 Attachment(s)
none of my buddies that owe me one are capable of drawing something profesional looking logo

the last graphic design project was done by me and a friend cause were better w/ photoshop then everyone else, lol

chappell 03-21-2008 09:07 PM

Why not ask around here? Im sure youve seen the professional artwork floating around of automobles and old timers rods. I must say how much more professional could you get if a fellow rodder completed it? :rolleyes:

79C10 03-23-2008 01:35 PM

I charge $500 for a logo , or offer them a "by the hour" price if they don't know exactly what they're looking for and want multiple choices .

Chevrolet4x4s 03-23-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 79C10
I charge $500 for a logo , or offer them a "by the hour" price if they don't know exactly what they're looking for and want multiple choices .

I really need to learn to use PhotoShop :thumbup:

Shane

79C10 03-23-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet4x4s
I really need to learn to use PhotoShop :thumbup:

Shane

Shane ,
I know it sounds like alot of money, but unless divine inspiration hits me ,I'll easily log in 20-25 hours on your average logo . I've done it in as little as 3 :thumbup: and taken as long as 53 ( :pain: ) I'm pretty open to "refining" your stuff , but only to a point . After your third or fourth "mind change" , I'll start thinking either you can't explain your ideas very well , or you're just one of those people who are never going to be happy with it. Of course , if you went with the "by the hour" deal , I'm willing to work on it for as long as you're willing to pay . :D All of my work is done on the side , and doesn't actually come around often. but if you want me to design your companies "rack" ,that's the price-tag. I call it the "rack" because what's the first thing you see on a trophy buck or a gifted girl? Right. So , you want an impressive rack ? It'll cost ya. But 500 dollars is chump change for what the right logo will do for your image and marketability .
I use "photosuite" a program by MGI . It's almost the same as photoshop , but they each have their advantages . I dig mine . Graphics design is a fun hobby , kind of like playing music . There are so many people doing it , it's tough to make a living at it .
Sort of like Mexicans and construction ..... but that's another thread altogether. :spank:
Mike

lowROLLERchevy 03-23-2008 02:34 PM

66 Attachment(s)
fair enough on the $500 qoute, can definantly see where your coming from

i think my best bet would be to come up with something i like first, and then have it redone professionally. that way i know what im getting, ive already decided its right for me, and at most i ask for this or that to be reshaded or something minor ... no complete redo's

Quote:

I call it the "rack" because what's the first thing you see on a trophy buck or a gifted girl?
hopefully not some horse teeth, thats for sure, lol totaly ruins the vibe on both of them

"yea, great rack, but all i saw at first was teef-us-es, i just cant get past that part"

had that happen before ... amazing body and teeth that she could use to eat her own lips on accident :drunk:

79C10 03-23-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowROLLERchevy

had that happen before ... amazing body and teeth that she could use to eat her own lips on accident :drunk:

ROFL
:thumbup:
a butter-face .
as in - " It all looks good , but 'er face " :eek: .

Chevrolet4x4s 03-23-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

ROFL
a butter-face .

rofl read my mind.

Yeah you can have a of of time tied up in something done on the computer,take a look at the radio bracket a couple posts ago I have been monkeying around finishing it up for the past hour or so...and I already had it started before :rolleyes: of course I got a little sidetracked on here too.
Its been a good day for creativity though, finished up the radio bracket design,and on the way home from church figured out how to build a hardshell tonneau cover for a stepside. (Both of which I plan on using for when I build the turbo diesel c10) I'll probably check on a 79 either Tuesday or Wednesday
I usually do most of my stuff in paint or photo express...but I dont get anywhere near photoshop quality results.

Shane

Job~Rated 03-23-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

ROFL
a butter-face .

I like that one! :thumbup:

I usually use the 'Zachary Syndrome' - face look zachary like butt!

79C10 03-23-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Job~Rated
I like that one! :thumbup:

I usually use the 'Zachary Syndrome' - face look zachary like butt!

*wipes tears from cheeks* - good one steph .
"zachary "...... :D

79C10 03-23-2008 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shane , here's a quick freebie .
Feel free to copy and use it if you'd like .
It's a quick job ( a bit over an hour ) , but it looks cool to me .
Let me know what you think of it.
Mike
p.s.
that'll be 20 bucks , buster.
:D JK :D

sharpe427 03-25-2008 01:13 PM

Another option to consider. I went to the local University and spoke with the teacher of graphic design, she steered me to a student group that was stuggling to settle on a senior project. 5 kids (err....students; damn they look young!) in the group. I got 5 distinct ideas, all good. Settled on one which the group then refined 'till I was happy. Cost a total of $75 (materials), and I had to be a guinea pig for the group presenatation to the class where I spoke about what I liked/disliked about the groups professionalism and design and answered questions from the class...took about 30 minutes on a Wed. afternoon. The teacher has called twice since looking for new guinea pigs because it went so well.

Chevrolet4x4s 03-25-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Shane , here's a quick freebie .
Feel free to copy and use it if you'd like .
It's a quick job ( a bit over an hour ) , but it looks cool to me .
Let me know what you think of it.
Mike
p.s.
that'll be 20 bucks , buster.
:D JK :D

Thats Awesome Thanks :thumbup:

Shane