Graphics for 74 Chevy Pickup - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2004, 11:57 PM

Last journal entry: More pictures
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Graphics for 74 Chevy Pickup

I was wondering if I could get some opions or advice on what would look good as far as graphics go to put on a 74' Chevy Truck. My Dad just got the truck and is going to be doing more work on it and mentioned to me wanting to put graphics on it. I don't have the software that I really need here at home to design something for him so I am coming to you guys for some help with this.

I posted a pic and you can also view the truck in my project journal I am kinda keeping for him as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mvc-026s.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	2221  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2004, 03:05 PM

Hey man nice truck, I dont know why you feel you need a change because i'm planning on the same look for my 76 GMC shortbed that you have there. But in my oppinion about graphic's i think just some crome trim around the fender's, or maybee the crome trim that fit's over the body line's that are along the side's of the 73 to 76 year's. I know some go for the two tone look like a blue body and a white top or visa-versa, but your truck nice the way it is.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:42 PM

Last photo:

Thanks I appreciate the advice. I will have to convince my dad of the chrome trim as well. We just ordered a new chrome bumper for it. I hate painted bumpers on trucks that year The dash is going to have the billet style cover put on it as well. The guy that had it before painted it and it just blends in to much to fit our taste.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:50 PM

If you dont mind my asking, what exactly is the color on your truck, i mean i cant tell if it's pearl white, or just snow white or what ever. But in my oppinion the truck look's sharp the way it is with the exception of a tubed grill if it doesent already have one, and maybee a hood with a scoop molded into it.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:10 PM

Last photo:

It is more of a creme color I guess you can say more than anything. If you look at my project journal there is a few more pictures there as well of it. Yeah i was thinking of a scooped hood myself even if it is just one of those add on type scoops that you can have painted although they dont look as good as the hoods that have the scoops blended in with them.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:23 PM

Yea i find myself just starring at your picture and the idea's just roll, because i see these truck's out on the road all the time because i drive over the road, and i see all different paint sceems on them all the way from the custom look down to a goddie look, and some color's will do this body style no justus at all.

If you dont mind my asking, what's the spects on the motor, like what kind of head's and cam it has.

Last edited by bowtieorbust; 07-31-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:29 PM

Last photo:

That I am not totally sure of as of yet. My dad bought the truck about 2 weeks ago and I have not had a chance to make it to their house to look at it just yet. They live about 2 hours away from where I live, but I am going to visit this week around tues or wed. so I will try to find out the info and put it in my journal as well as more pictures I can get taken of anything else done that we do to it.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.