Great new job! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Aspiring eccentric

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Great new job!

This past March I got laid off from a civil engineering job that I hated. My neighbor's son-in-law told me that his company was hiring, He only lives about five houses down the street too. I applied and was told that they were afraid that I'd only be there for a short time due to the fact that I was enrolled in the local community college. I assured them that I was looking for a job that would carry me through the remaining two+ years of my schooling and maybe beyond that if I liked the job and it was covering the bills and then some.

While I was in Jamaica for my son's wedding, (since the trip was already paid for, I was NOT gonna miss this trip just because I was jobless), I got an e-mail offering me the job. Upon my return I accepted over the phone and started three weeks ago.

The job I have is the 'sawman' at a tool shop that builds one-off and small production run machines for the automaker's suppliers. My job is take all the new metal stock that comes in the back door and cut it down to a workable size. Now for the sweeet part, I get to keep all the scrap steel that they can't use or is thrown away by the CNC operators!

On top of this perk, I work with a building full of like-thinking gearheads. There are about 10 CNC machines and well over 20 Bridgport/Alliant machines and everyone of the 30+ guys are the type who like to help out those in need.

After being there for only three weeks, I've already earned a $.50 raise. It's only $.50, but it adds up. Speaking of which, the company 'likes to see us work 55 hours' before they question the OT, which starts at 40 hours. The wife and I discussed this and we decided that anything over 45 hours goes to the '34 we're building. This means the coupe could be driveable by Christmas. Merry Christmas to me!!!!!!

Wish me luck!
Lee

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 08:26 PM

Last photo:

Congratulations dude. Do ya need another sawman? I'll move for a job like that.

Larry
Old 05-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Aspiring eccentric

Last photo:

As much as I'd like another sawman in the back room with me, I have just enough work to keep both horizontal saws buzzing. Sorry.

Lee

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.