Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Great video on the worlds fastest piston engine, wheel driven car on earth.
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have posted this a hundred times I know. But I went out there a couple of times and once brought up the family truckster up to about 55 mph and just about loosened every bolt in it! This photo wasn't taken right next to the road, it was about a mile out into it. It's an amazing site, it would be like standing in the middle of the SF bay area and looking around seeing all the way to the hills on each side of the bay and seeing perfectly nothing but white, not a blade of grass, not a gum wrapper, NOTHING. It is quite the site.

Then the next time I was thru a few years later I saw a crew out there and went out to see what was going on only to be stopped by their "security" telling me it was a secret thing going on and I couldn't see it. Ooooook this was a week before speedweek and he made it very clear that I don't drive over by the pylons as that was the actual track and it had been groomed. I really would like to get out there during the event one of these times. But it is on a main hiqhway across America so if you ever find yourself coming out to California on a road trip or something don't drive right by this!

Brian