Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Griswold Christmas (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/griswold-christmas-52858.html)

RCastle 11-27-2004 03:15 PM

Griswold Christmas

Sunny day yesterday,climbed up on my roof and got all the light hungWe have this cool rope ladder you hang from the roof,has Santa,Reindeer,Elf,and a Snowman(?) climbing up it,lights on it.A guy at work makes wreaths at Christmas and I bought a big 2 1/2 footer to put on my porch rails,Eight spirilaing Christmas trees all lit up,One three foot stocking and an old skeleton key on red ribbon,so Santa can come in,since we do not have a chimmney,kids love that key idea.Also took some red ribbon and candystriped my front porch uprights.I still have three weeks to go.My wife went to Lowes and spent almost eighty dollars.We have a nice Christmas tree upstairs and one with the kids ornaments on it downstairs.The whole house looks like Santa's workshop right now.Man I love Christmas.

Ghetto Jet 11-27-2004 03:18 PM

I like Christmas more than most people. I get into the spirit. Freeze my nuts off putting lights up. Drive around with Christmas music blasting. I put a cool train platform up around the tree, build a town and everything.

I love it.

40fordtruck_son 11-27-2004 08:31 PM

i am a big christmas fan.its somthing so cool about it, its like a nostalgia that every can share.

now if i could just find a way to get rid of the bright snow :drunk: ...

helrazr3 11-27-2004 08:35 PM

im a christmas fan always have been. with the kids its even better i spent many cold christmas eves in an unheated garage assembling things. at least thats over now.:cool:

HemmiGremmie 11-27-2004 09:10 PM

Im a Christmas fanatic to. It seems like Im having money problems every year and cant buy lights. My kids really get a lot though no matter what. HG:thumbup:

RCastle 11-27-2004 10:25 PM

December 26th is the best day for buying lights and gifts.If the lights and decorations cost you say,$13.00 before Christmas,on the 26th you can get the same lights for $4.00.

Malibucdl 11-27-2004 10:44 PM

Speaking of Christmas Music (Ghetto mentioned it). I gotta reccomend everyone check out the 12 Yats of Christmas. A local New Orleans group. funny funny stuff. They also go by the name of Benny Grunch and the Bunch.

Chris

helrazr3 11-27-2004 10:56 PM

the 12 pains of christmas is a riot to!!!:eek: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nightfire 11-28-2004 06:56 PM

Man I love christmas time. All the stores are playing christmas music, the snow is falling, you can go sledding. I have christmas music blasin through my radio all the time when I drive now. Just a nice time of the year.

Mike

Kevin45 11-28-2004 08:22 PM

Quote:

the 12 pains of christmas is a riot to
Another fan here:thumbup: :thumbup:

hunt101 11-28-2004 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Malibucdl
Speaking of Christmas Music (Ghetto mentioned it). I gotta reccomend everyone check out the 12 Yats of Christmas. A local New Orleans group. funny funny stuff. They also go by the name of Benny Grunch and the Bunch.

Chris

Hey I live on the northshore, in Ponchatoula. Those guys are funny. I love to watch them on the news. Everybodys starting to put stuff up. Do you know if they have a website or something?

Malibucdl 11-28-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hunt101
Hey I live on the northshore, in Ponchatoula. Those guys are funny. I love to watch them on the news. Everybodys starting to put stuff up. Do you know if they have a website or something?
Sweet, I'm actually in Abita Springs. My neighborhood is getting pretty lit up already. I still havent seen any of Santa's Aligators yet.

I don't know if they have a web site, I will have to check that out.

Chris

bowtiebabe72 11-29-2004 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ghetto Jet
Drive around with Christmas music blasting.

I love it.

Bwaaahhhahahahahahaha...you dork.

Just kidding Mike, I do the same thing.

helrazr3 11-29-2004 05:59 PM

i like to get a wreath on the front of the truck and a little pack of battery powered lights and away i go.......:cool:

ps to the powers that be we need some temporary holiday smileys.

pmeisel 11-30-2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RCastle
December 26th is the best day for buying lights and gifts.If the lights and decorations cost you say,$13.00 before Christmas,on the 26th you can get the same lights for $4.00.
One of my neighbors goes to the store on the 26th or 27th every year to spend a few bucks to add to his outrageous display.... Its his hobby -- I'd rather mess with my car or boat....