Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Grizzly's English Wheel
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hi guys. Mine arrived a couple days ago and I have mastered making bent metal! it doesn't look like anything but it's curved!That being said I did have to make some adjustments to get things aligned. The saddle that holds the lower anvils was high on one side so out came the grinder and a little touch up. The anvils are now parallel to the larger upper wheel.

The large upper wheel had to much side ti side movement so a little shimming was necessary. The holes in the framework that the upper wheel attaches with are a little over sized so I'll make a couple of bushings to correct that.

All the anvil wheels and upper wheel look fine. They have sealed bearings and harden pins. It looks like Ching made the frame and Chang made the wheels. Chang is probably two years older and has more experience. Not bad for a eight year old!
I'm going to weld up a socket that the end will slide into and attach it to one of the posts in my shop. That way it will be removable and out of the way. Certainly worth $93.00!

BB

I think tomorrow is the last day of the sale. 9/25/13
The Following User Says Thank You to boothboy For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (09-24-2013)