Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gun Filters and Regulator placement
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 12:35 PM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Gun Filters and Regulator placement

Last night I was putting together a new gun that my wife had bought me and brought home to try and surprise me.. I have always put those little bulb filters on the bottom of my gun and then the regulator after it... I wanted to insure that the air coming in is clean... and yes I have traps/filters etc on the wall.... However I got to thinking last night... I know that is dangerous... and I thought that for the correct pressure reading that the regulator should be the first thing attached to the gun... I have never had a problem spraying anything the other way around, but she bought me a GTI Millennium Devilviss and they are air hogs.... Says it requires 15.5 cfm...

It came with a regulator and I bought hi flow fittings to allow more air in...

Whats your opinion on regulator and filter placement.

BTW I think most of you will find this very funny and another reason for people not to listen to jobbers... They tried their best to tell me that guns really don't require that much cfm and it is based on what you are spraying...

OMG do I sound that dumb on the phone I wonder?? I told the guy it was all about cfm for proper atomization and he said no no , how big is your compressor... I told him and he said any 5 hp would be fine and mine being larger should not be an issue........ Kept asking about tank size and repeatedly telling me he had been selling guns for 28 yrs and he knew what he was talking about....

Moral of the story: Don't send your wife after parts from the local jobber, and don't ever pay too much attention to what they say

Matthew