gun issue - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 11:50 PM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

gun issue

Hey fellas had a tough week found my oldman in bed on mothersday he had passed..was only 60 well as you can imagine my brain was allover the place.I left the clear coat I had been spraying in my flg4 & it got really hard tried acetone,lacquer thinner,paint thinner,gun cleaner,had to scrape most out with a tiny screwdriver.Well the seal that goes behind the tip got damaged&now its leaking like a hf gun.
I've tryd an o ring to no avail.I went online to purchase some but there a special order can't get em till sometime after the 27th&all I had to do was spray a hood&was done.I have a couple other guns but this is what Im comfortable with.I was planning on upgrading to a satajet next month but now Im just ordering another flg4 so I dont have to wait long.
I tryd the hardware stores to find something that would fit in place of the seal no go.Anybody ever see this happen as its leaking like when you pull the trigger with no air hooked up but theres also fluid coming from where the rear of baffle connects to the gun?My last question is what do you guys use to clean up if clear etc dries up in your gun?I considered aircraft stripper but didn't know if it would remove the agonized finish.Well thanks fellas.
Please excuse any typos or terseness: this email was sent from my mobile and I have clumsy fingers.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 12:52 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

can't help with gun, but sorry for your losss
Old 05-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Sorry for your loss..as far as the gun is concerned I suppose you will need to order the correct seals from your supplier and in the past I have restored some guns by soaking them overnight in aircraft stripper and then washing them out with reducer. then I replaced the seals. May be worth it if the gun is a good one but a Hf or a cheapy is a throw away deal..

Sam
Old 05-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Last photo:

really sorry about your father; I'd be a wreck if I were in your shoes at this point. My grandpa died last week and I was really close to him; that's been tough enough and I'm still kind of weird about it.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:16 PM

Last photo:

Sorry for your loss. We are never prepared to lose a family member, even when we see it coming.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks everyone its been real hard.My little brother died a few months ago&all my grandparents are dead uncle just died of drinking,my mother passed then I go to wake me old man up&he was just laying there..really screwd me up..wanna hear the kicker..I've got this guy whos challenger Im doing some work on.I hadn't even started when he passed so I called the guy offered his down payment&told him I couldn't get to it..this guy says I understand you're having family issues but I need my car done.. he goes on to say that has nothing to do with our agreement.I was gonna do something I shouldn't but g it .
Anyways the gun is a devilbiss flg4.I just went ahead& orderd another one to hold me over till I get my satajet.As the flg4 comes with 3 tips&3 seals.
Lifts short almost lost it when a cop busted my balls today.I stayed calm.Then more bad stuff happend.I look back&see a wasted youth.My kids keep asking for him&it kills me there too young to understand just wanted him to make it five more years. so they would be over to remember him.But time doesn't play fair and he stacks the deck.So treat your loved ones good.we didn't for many years &had scares to prove it.And we could never take those punches or those words back.Make sure you tell em ya love em cuz one day youll wake up&they could be gone.Sorry for the rant I just hope Maybe me saying this will make someone see it&call a loved one &let em know you love him.Pop was 60 mom was in her 40d my brother in his 20s..time dont heal all wounds just m
makes ya meaner
Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Sounds like you and your family has had a real rough time of it lately. Hang in there, it's bound to get better...

As for the a-hole demanding his car- be cool, but do it on YOUR schedule. No one w/any class pressures someone in your situation.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 PM

Last photo:

hell if you get in a bind, PM me, I have a spare gun...we could work something out. Its a Sharpe Ti w/ 1.4 tip

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.