Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gun selection for shooting high solids clear
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Gun selection for shooting high solids clear

Have attempted to shoot SPI universal clear with a Finex 3000 gun with no luck. Just cant seem to get it to shoot without heavy orange peel just cant get the gun to mist smooth enough. Im sorry if im not usingbthe correct terminology but im just a DIY beginner. I shot a test panel with my Finishline and was satisfied with it but dedicating that gun for my metalic base. I was thinking of upgrading and looking at some guns and eanted your opinion. I want to just get advise on only these guns as i have found people selling these at an affordable price for me. Given that SPI recommends a 1.4 tip for their clear;

- satajet 2000
- satajet 90-2
- satajet 90
or the purple Harbor Freight gun

The part that I find strange is that I was using. Coleman $10 gun with a 1.4 tip and was shooting beautifully . Shot epoxy primer and was laying perfectly smooth. Wanted to try to shoot the clear with it to test.

Basically i wanted to know the diffetence between these 3 sata guns and ant experience anyone has using any of these 3 or 4 guns with the SPI clear