Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gun selection for shooting high solids clear
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Colorsanding painter

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I spray it the same through all my Sata guns NR95 1.3tip, RP and 3000RP digital both with 1.4 tip. I bought the two NR guns used each for less than 300.00 and just replaced the air distribution ring in both. I've been spraying through the digital at about 18PSI on the digital Adam on it. i turn the fluid nozzle all the way in and test on a piece of brown kraft paper or paper grocery bag taped to the wall. I turn the adjustment out 1/2 turn at a time til it runs after 30 seconds and then adjust the pressure up a little til it quits running. Always allow at least 30 seconds after you release the trigger to see how the clear is going to lay out smooth or runs. if you open the material nozzle up much more, you'll end up with peel usually, of course a painter way better than I can compensate for that and lay it out slick with most any decent gun. Brian Martin and Barry Kive's tips have helped me with getting a way better finish than I ever had before. I never reduce my clear and prefer to spray the SPI universal with the appropriate activator for the temperature.