Gun setup 1.4 needle nozzle with 1.3 air cap - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 05:52 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Mine isnt an rp its a 3000 hlvp the rp cap has a few extra holes but if the threads are different dont even mess with it ...get the 1.4 setup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 11:56 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I spoke to the seller today and was very specific that I was looking for a 1.3 setup. He is willing to exchange the 2000NR for his 2000RP digital for an additional $40. He seems like a very nice guy but was hard to understand his english... Luckily I also speak spanish... I dont even think the guy understands the difference much between an RP and NR.. He is trying very hard to resolve the issue which I think is cools. I also advised him that when selling in Ebay he has to be very specific and disclose all information accurately..

Which all in all means; I paid $180 plus $12 Shipping = $192 for the 2000NR gun which I will have to ship back $12 plus $40 = Im getting a 2000RP digital gun for $244.. I should of just purchased a 3000rp for $320-350 ???

No... Ive learned my lesson and cant go to cheap as itll cost more in time and headaches..
To be honest I really liked the way the mixed needle 2000NR shot the Omni Metallic I shot yesterday vs my Finex 2000. Not sure if my new air system or the gun was what made the major difference.

Thank You All for the Info!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep_greeen_1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	96938  
Old 11-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Last photo:

You did good,and by the way a first gen rp is a better spraying gun than the 3000,I hated mine and sold it.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Last photo:

I agree with the older guns being better. Atleast in my opinion. I would not trade my RP for 2 3000 or 4000 guns. I have really good results using the 1.4 and adjusting the gun for whatever I am spraying. It takes a little time to get use to the gun, but once you learn how it will spray each material and how to set it correctly for those materials you will be amazed at the speed and great results you can get.

Kelly
Old 11-09-2013, 06:03 AM

mine hlvp 3000 sprays fine too.. but dam I wish I still had my jet 90's
Old 11-09-2013, 09:19 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
mine hlvp 3000 sprays fine too.. but dam I wish I still had my jet 90's
I'm sorry if it was a bit abrasive in that post DBM. I have a bad way with words sometimes. I have used a 3000 RP and it did well, but I personally don't like it as well as my older jet RP. I have a Jet 90 that I have used on small things, but I am not comfortable enough with it to do an all over yet. The 90 was possibly the best gun Sata ever made for clear coat.

Kelly
Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 AM

Last journal entry: Grille
Last photo:

is that an FJ cruiser you're painting?
Old 11-09-2013, 11:19 AM

Last photo:

This is an older mail Jeep that has some fabrication done. Chopped the top off and removed the sliding doors and fabricated a modern jeep door frame. I didnt do the fab job its a friends project that Im painting. It also has the steering on the right hand side
Old 11-10-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacustoms View Post
I'm sorry if it was a bit abrasive in that post DBM. I have a bad way with words sometimes. I have used a 3000 RP and it did well, but I personally don't like it as well as my older jet RP. I have a Jet 90 that I have used on small things, but I am not comfortable enough with it to do an all over yet. The 90 was possibly the best gun Sata ever made for clear coat.

Kelly
why does everyone have to mess with a good thing ?they should still be making the jet 90 ,if they want to make other models go ahead but lets keep the 90 too...
Old 11-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Last photo:

I had 2 sata jet 2000s, one was digital and other one was non digital (I don't really go by gauges really) I sold both of them, just didn't like way they sprayed, quite different from any other gun I've sprayed with. I'm not saying they're bad guns, just not what I'm used to.
I still shoot most of my work with my Finex by Sharpe.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0996.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	652.0 KB
ID:	97361   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0279.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	767.7 KB
ID:	97369   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0280.JPG
Size:	791.9 KB
ID:	97377  
Old 11-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
why does everyone have to mess with a good thing ?they should still be making the jet 90 ,if they want to make other models go ahead but lets keep the 90 too...

DBM, I can't say for sure, but I thik they stopped making the 90 because of complaince issues.

I had 2 sata jet 2000s, one was digital and other one was non digital (I don't really go by gauges really) I sold both of them, just didn't like way they sprayed, quite different from any other gun I've sprayed with. I'm not saying they're bad guns, just not what I'm used to.

Just goes to show that everyone has different preferences and technique. I personally would not trade my jet RP for anything onthe market. I have a few friends that swear by Iwata but I feel like they are too slow and take forever to get anything done. Simply a personal preference, I think all of the quality guns will produce similar resultswhen used properly.

Kelly
Old 11-10-2013, 04:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacustoms View Post

DBM, I can't say for sure, but I thik they stopped making the 90 because of complaince issues.

Just goes to show that everyone has different preferences and technique. I personally would not trade my jet RP for anything onthe market. I have a few friends that swear by Iwata but I feel like they are too slow and take forever to get anything done. Simply a personal preference, I think all of the quality guns will produce similar resultswhen used properly.

Kelly
I did spray with several Iwatas and the spray pattern on them is real nice. You can tell you're holding a quality spray gun. You can open up fluid/air and have more material come out if you want to lay it on heavier. Just a matter of selecting right tip/needle for the material.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:08 PM

Last photo:

I actually liked by Finex 3000 but I was just dying to try the Satajet. I still cant really tell if its my new air system (14.50 cfm @40psi vs 12 cfm @40psi) or the gun. I love the way the finex feels. Feels just right in my hand and very light compared to the Satajet and Iwata Supernova I have. I need to get 3 test panels with the same paint and do a side by side comparison One day. For the metallic/pearl I was shooting I really liked the speed of the Satajet2000.

@mitmaks Nice Toyota.. I will post some pics of the Jeep when its all put together.
Really happy with the paint I using. Its a Rescue Green used on 2009ish Jeep Wranglers.
Looks green in the Shade and gold/green metallic in the sun. I sure would love to shoot a 40's custom hot rod with Rescue Green flat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RescueGreenJeep.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	97594   Click image for larger version

Name:	RescueGreenJeep_mailjeep.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	97602  

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.