3 months finally paid off.
2 days ago, i get ready to put on the heads that just arrived from the machine shop. I put them on my car, only to find out they need to be switched around
i didnt get upset, intake and everything else was already off. i take off those heavy cast iron heads and switch them around. then i put the injectors and rails and sensors back on to my intake. put the intake on, stick the distributor on, and try for a start. i hear it cranking, then i hear that sound thats kinda like "the sound like a model airplane engine piston when u crank the engine, makes kinda a pop sound". i stop cranking, go out to check out whats going on...only to find out my injector shot everywhere!!! take out the injector, find that the rubber seal was sliced!!! good thing i had 8 replacements waiting to be used. put on another one, its messed up too. finally i get it to go in without ruining it, try to start it....putters...i knew it was the timing. so i get out and turn the distributor to the right, since it sounds overly retarded. now it finally runs on its own...still retarded...advance it a little more and sounds right. finally...3 months of agony of cracked heads and it finally runs!! i plan to stick the timing light to it eventually when i figure out how to use it correctly. im so excited!!
now i gotta get this baby finished and inspected then on the road!! oh, thanks for putting up with my giant post lol