Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - H.F. Portable sand blaster not blasting
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Racing View Post
This was the best advice from this thread. This nozzle works great. I didn't even drill it out to open it up.

I did change my blasting media to Aluminum oxide 80grit

I am still having issues with consistent blasting. When i fiddle with the valve the blaster will BLAST great for a few mins. Then, it acts like it is clogged and stops blasting. I fiddle with things more and it will blast again.

It's inconsistent and unpredictable. By the end of the day I was covered in dust and was frustrated.

I have more blasting to do, but I really need to get this figured out before I can get too involved with it all.

Anymore suggestions?

I downloaded the manual from the website. That was the second best advice
I have the same 40lb blaster and also used Black Beauty with the same issues. I could take the top fill cap off, stick a wooden broomstick handle down in the tank and it would come out wet with the media sticking too it. Bottom line is you must absolutely have dry air. The pressure pot is way more efficient but a siphon unit has the advantage of not contaminating the hopper with moisture from the compressor.

John L