had a bad day today - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 10:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

had a bad day today

im sorry guys, im having a bad week.. first off the snow came in.. and i hit a curb in my dads truck a few days ago..

then today.. my mom wakes me up at like 5 am.. she tells me my grandfothers in the hospital.. he had another stroke.. (i think this time he had it in his sleep)..he had woken up to go use the bathroom.. and he woke up blind.. im very close to my grandfather.. hes probably around his 70's.. the reason im closer to him then most people are with there grandfather is because i was born on his birthday.. so every year we spend it together!..
he was a very smart man b4 he had his first stroke which was a long long time ago..and now this one.. my grandfather has alot of pride..hes proud of being a man and likes to do things by himself and his way... he would be the one for everyone to talk to when they have a problem.. after the first stroke he had recoverd good.. learned everything over again.. but he had a short temper .. and now.. this stroke has got him all screwed up.. he cant see... and his mind is visioning things from the past.. like my dad .. and my uncles .. he had talked to them as if they were small ... told them to go to school n stuff like that.. i just hope he gets better and recovers from this.. and gets his eye site back..

Then as my day started i was going to the store.. and my dads truck ran out of gass like around the corner of the gas station.. Just my luck.. it didnt have any gas to get me across the street.. then later on that day.. got gas in the truck.. parked it at home..

Then i decided to take my brothers truck out (didnt feel like driving the truck that just died of gass on me).. to go return an application for a job.. well the truck started fine.. ran fine.. then i decided to go take a cruise around the neighbor-hood.. i needed to clear my head of all this.. so im driving.. go by the school.. the pos truck starts dieing on me.. the rpms just fell from idle to 0.. so im like wtf.. roll to a complete stop.. then a couple minutes later.. it starts.. so i start driving again.. then it does it again.. so i said screw it im going home.. went by the elementry school and the light turned red.. so i stopped.. the p.o.s died again.. and this time didnt start back up..

i tried and tried to start it.. wouldnt go.. drained the battery from trying to start it so much... so i ask a guy behind me if hed give me a jump.. he said he doesnt have jumper cables.. i said i do.. and then he told me no.. what an *********.. so i calmly went back in the truck and told people to go around me.. and.. about 40 cars that past me.. not one of them asked if i needed help.. most of them were highschool kids.. and then a hand full of adults getting kids from school.. so i ask another guy who was behind me if hed give me a jump.. he said he didnt have cables .. i said i did .. he said then i sure will.. i said thanks.. and went to get the cables.. now u guessed it.. the cables werent in there... the day befor they were used on a friends car and were left in his car.. so he and a 2 joggers decided to help push it to the side of the road.. then i wait and it still wouldnt start.. so i go into the elementry school.. and use the phone call my friend who had the cables.. he wasnt on my side of town and wouldnt be there till like 30-60 minutes.. so i said ok nvm.. called my mom .. she still had to work.. then i go back and wait in the truck.. there was a lady behind me too.. so i asked her if she had cables.. she said yea.. and then i asked if she could give me a jump.. she said she would but her battery is week and will probably die.. she said for me to ask a lady behind her.. so i did.. she used the excuse that she didnt have cables.. i told her that the lady in front of me would let me use them if shed jump the truck.. she said she couldnt .. she had piano practice to go to right when she picks her kids up.. (and the school did get out till like 10-15 minutes later) so i told the lady in that had the cables that the one behind her said no.. and then i said .. ya know what?.. ive asked 3 or 4 people already.. and they said no.. people are fu(ken a$$holes.. she said sxew people.. ill try to jump it.. she pulls her blazer in front of the truck.. and i hook the cables up.. start the truck up... rev it up.. took the cables off.. and told the lady thanks alot for the help.. she said your welcome.. i know how it is when people say no.. they are fu(ken a$$holes.. let her park her blazer.. then i saw the green light.. and haulled *** home..

the whole time during that process.. is because my brother had my car.. he took it to work.. "gets better gassmilage" and he took my cell phone with him..

All in all today was hell..

but i went up to my friends house today.. he showed me his new camaro.. and we hung out for a wile till my mom came home.. then i went to go see the family.. and see my grandpa..

My day sucked major *****..how about yours?..

Nos

sorry for the long post..

Nos

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2003, 12:04 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Nos, sory to hear about your GrandPa..... strokes suck. just remember he is still your grandpa, he knows in his mind that he's not the same, and that's gonna be pissing him off. it's liable to be taken out on whoever is handy. do not let it get you down.

yeah. people suck. awhile back, a bud of Hk said it would be far easier to kill a person as opposed to an animal, cause most people need a good killing to make them tolerable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2003, 12:22 AM

Last photo:

my brother had a very bad day himself.
he is 24 years old, still lives at home, and brings in $40k a year.
do you see the problem here?
i hate my brother, always have and always will. if you knew him, you would too.
he is one of those people that are ALWAYS right and everyone else is ALWAYS wrong. he has a head the size of a house and is the most arrigant person i know.
anywho, as i said before, he brings in $40k a year, drives a 99 dodge 1500, and pays his insurance--- THATS IT!!
well everything is starting to go wrong with his truck, the bill collectors call day and night, and he can't even afford to buy a new set of tires on his truck.
i started seeing changes in his personallity and everything in his life going to *****, and i knew exactly what the deal was. DRUGS.
i could see it a mile away---COKE--- been there done that.
i alarmed my folks that they might otta help him before he got a little too mixed up in it, so my mom talked to him.
he said that he was into it but has stopped.
welp, today he comes home and says, " well dad, i can no longer call Aaron a loser, i got fired today, so now i'm a loser myself".
so i say, "well there is always bud or coors (beer)" and he said that it was too slow right now to get hired.
later on tonight, my mom was talking to him in the shower, and he said, "mom i didn't mean to talk to Aaron like that the other night, i feel really bad. when i came home and said i got fired, he was nice to me", and then he started crying.

i don't guess that there is a real meaning for me to tell you this, but maybe one, my brother has a long road ahead of him and he will get though it, and so will you.

tomorrow will be a better day.

later Aaron
Old 11-26-2003, 12:24 AM

Last photo:

yea.. what comes around goes around.. thanks for your reply.. at least i know some care.. others just look and leave..

i was really pist when them people told me no.. they wont give me a jump.. kist wait till some crap happens to them.. and there on the side of the rode.. ill be the one to stop and say.. Biach plez.. remember me.. u told me no.. so NO i wont help you!

Nos
Old 11-26-2003, 01:13 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Keep your head up Bro!
No matter what happens, you and your grandpa will ALWAYS have that special relationship together. Instead of focusing on the negatives, you have to look at the positives(I know it may be hard right now) Look at what great times that you had in the past. Things may never be the same with your Grandpa, but you have to remember one thing... he will always love you and know who the 'REAL you' is...no matter what condition he is in.
I know, me and my grandfather are very close together and I don't stop to think about what it maybe like one day when he isn't around. He is 87yrs old and still goes like he's 27!
Just make sure that you spend time with him while you still can...
About the other things that happened, I know that it may seem like alot right now, but it's not. A little ways down the road you will forget about those things and be worrying about other problems.
I started my life young, I worked fulltime as soon as I graduated HS, got married and bought a house at 19. Now I work at a different(better) job, still married with 2 kids that are in school, my problems have changed along with my life. You just have to learn to pick your battles and let the small stuff slide.
I hope that you get to feeling better soon, stress is a killer(seriously!) You are too young to not be out enjoying life to its fullest!
Besides, at least you're not in the pokey for smuggling bologna!
Later,
WEIMER
Old 11-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Kenneth Howard hates me...

Last journal entry: Engine mock up
Last photo:

I send prayers for your grandfather. My wife's aunt had a stroke not too long ago and she is not the same "happy-go-luck" person she used to be. It is a long road back.......

C
Old 11-26-2003, 01:50 PM

Last photo:

haha... " at least you're not in the pokey for smuggling bologna! "

lmao.. im feeling alot better today..

Nos
Old 11-26-2003, 03:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I pray all turns out well for him.
When you see someone else that needs help in the future I hope that you stop to help them out even if it is one of those people that didn't take the time to help you. By not your just lowering your own standards. Plus maybe they could learn from your example.
Something that someone told me once was " And this to will pass" it doesn't make things better but it does help to keep them in perspective.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.