Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hail damage
Thread: Hail damage
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 07:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Oh yeah I did, was woken a few times that night with lightening lighting up the room and then the RUMMMMMMBLE. It was pretty cool.

Brian
Cool. up here in Santa Rosa we missed it. living in Kansas just 7 miles west of Topeka at Forbes AFB, a SAC base as a kid thunder storms would rock the house, we learned to tell how far away it was by counting from the flash of the light to the BOOM, it was that common. it was way cool. 1000+ strikes during a storm was the norm. Tornadoes would hit too, as a kid in the summer we would lay in the front yard and watch the funnels come down, most never hit the ground and most were many miles away. in Kansas it was so flat if you could find a hill 10 feet hi you could see for miles. it was fun growing up there, but a ******* hole i never want to go back to.

now out here earthquakes are cool, i was living in SF when the 89 quake hit, that was way cool. the day after i took my jetboat out from SSF, the bay, normally clean was like a junkyard. old pilings and stuff was everywhere in the water. i went under the bay bridge where the uppur deck fell. Alemeda was a mess. i dokked at oakland and looked at the collapsed freeway (May God bless the people who died there) if not for fate i could have been there.