HALO style headlighta for my 1971 nova? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 11:33 PM
drive it like you stole it!

Last journal entry: engine
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

HALO style headlighta for my 1971 nova?

im 16 and my car is a 71 nova with a 350/380HP. i really like muscle cars but i like some styling cues that are on my freinds "tuner" cars. what im interested in Halo (angle eyes) headlights. its an outer ring around the 7" light that you can have on when full headlights arnt needed, and they are turned on and off by a switch that you mount on your dash. and they look SICK! but i cant find any of these headlights for my nova. any help in finging these? preferably just a white outer ring!

the pic below is an example on a VW golf but i know mine would only be a single 7"ring not 2 little ones
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1557859560_l.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	20109  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Drive it Like u Stole it!

you mean like this: 7" Halo Headlight

google works wonders....
Old 01-29-2012, 07:06 PM

I like you had the same problem and have seen and purchased really bad headlights like the ones on ebay and the such that melt and fog up when you put in a HID or Xenon lamp. But now there is a new company that hand makes real Angel Eye LED halo Headlights that will fit your car and every car from 1936 to 1979 and several more models of cars there after such as Hummer and Jeep. The name of the company is Redline Lumtronix and their website is at HaloHeadlights.co or AngelEyesHalos.com. They make both Single Color and Multi-Color headlights. Really Really cool you need to go to their website and check them out.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:47 AM
gearheadslife

Last journal entry: The TwoTonShu #10
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMustang
I like you had the same problem and have seen and purchased really bad headlights like the ones on ebay and the such that melt and fog up when you put in a HID or Xenon lamp. But now there is a new company that hand makes real Angel Eye LED halo Headlights that will fit your car and every car from 1936 to 1979 and several more models of cars there after such as Hummer and Jeep. The name of the company is Redline Lumtronix and their website is at HaloHeadlights.co or AngelEyesHalos.com. They make both Single Color and Multi-Color headlights. Really Really cool you need to go to their website and check them out.

hear you go..
http://www.coolights.com/Headlight-C...ons_c_229.html

I bought a set, with the halo. they where 60. a pair. and GLASS, lens
mine have the halo and an accent bulb that you can change the color..
will require drilling holes in the stock headlight bucket for the extra wires..
Old 02-02-2012, 08:12 PM

I looked on that website I did not see any headlights that you can change the halo colors with. Can you tell me which brand it is. Were the halos CCFL (one solid color ring) or Angel Eyes Halo (shows many individual LEDS)? Are they like the ones on haloheadlights.co where you get a credit card size wireless remote and you can change the colors on the halo from outside or inside your car? Do they have a headlight where each LED light is visible like on the Audi cars now? How many colors can they display?

I can't seem to post the image here, frustrating. Go to HaloHeadlights.co to their gallery page and look at the colors they have there. They can display 16 colors each with 5 brightness levels and Flash, Strobe and Smooth modes.

I wish I could find the model you are talking about on the site you mentioned. I have had headlights very similar to the headlights on that site and the minute you put in a HID or Xenon lamp they all seem to melt, but I guess you get what you pay for. I had to return two different brands. I will take a good look at what you recommend. Thank you.

Joe

Last edited by JoeMustang; 02-02-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: miss spelled words
Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 PM
gearheadslife

Last photo:

http://www.coolights.com/7-Diamond-C...b_p_10302.html

look at the black spot under the center ring.. thats a bulb that you can change, or use a leg that changes colors, superbrightleds.com sell them
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM

What colors can you make them and can you change them on the fly. Can you answer all of my questions I truly want to know so I can do a good comparison before I buy. If you have a pair please answer If you have them then tell us about them. Do you have to remove the headlight each time you want a color change?

Joe...
Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 PM
gearheadslife

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMustang
What colors can you make them and can you change them on the fly. Can you answer all of my questions I truly want to know so I can do a good comparison before I buy. If you have a pair please answer If you have them then tell us about them. Do you have to remove the headlight each time you want a color change?

Joe...
DEPENDING ON where you put that bulb in the headlight bucket.. will determine(sp) if you have to remove the headlight to change it..
my truck it will be at 3 o clock on the pass side light and 9 o clock on th driverside, so I can get to it from behind the grill, by just opening the hood..
it uses a spade bulb.(.194/168 type bulbs ) they come with blue,, superbriteleds sells leds for that bulb type in yellow/purple/orange/green/blue/red/white/ or a changing led that goes red/green/blue..
Old 02-02-2012, 09:20 PM

Thank you for your answers, I appreciate you helping me understand. On my mustang I can't just simply pop the hood and change the bulb. I don't like the fact that you have to physically remove the headlight to change a the bulb to get different colors. So does your headlight have a real halo or is it simply that little bulb that reflects it's color on and the outer glass cuts as if a CCFL halo was on the outer edge? The changing LED might be the trick, does it come with a remote and how many colors does it reflect. Have you been to a cruse-in where people comment on your halo? If the color changing led only has red, blue, green you would have to have a switch of some kind to turn them off while driving down the road. Most states only allow you to reflect white and amber from the front of your vehicle. If blue or red it is a definite ticket because it can be confused with a police for fire vehicle. Does that little bulb really show off that much of a good quality halo?

Quote:
I bought a set, with the halo. they where 60. a pair. and GLASS, lens
mine have the halo and an accent bulb that you can change the color..
will require drilling holes in the stock headlight bucket for the extra wires..
When you stated the above what did you have to do the the bucket, did you have to phisically cut it for that little bulb receptical, how big of holes did you have to drill?

Hmmm, not sure this is the headlight for me sounds like too much work to get them going. Instead of cutting headlight buckets and changing bulbs I think I'll buy the ones at HaloHeadlights.co and take out the remote, change them to white while traveling and change them to as many colors as I want at a cruse-in with just a flick of a button. They are built in the USA and I have a number I can call if I have a problem.

Again stich626 thanks for helping me understand more about your headlights.

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.