Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Halogen conversion dim
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchip
I dont know the manufacturer but I purchased these from Midwest Early Ford. It is a quartzhalogen reflector kit with sockets installed #48-13027-qkts...
That's a Bob Drake part.

Did the reflectors on the kit you installed have a horizontal step in them, or were they just a continuous curve from top to bottom?

I just installed a set of Bob Drake Commercial-Style (w/ halogen bulb) headlights, and they came with a special stepped reflector to correctly focus the #9003 (H4) bulbs. The downside of the new reflectors is they have no provision for park/turn signal bulbs. But at least the headlights work. I realize that a '32 Commercial and a standard '35 light are different, but I would bet that with regards to the halogen conversion, they have the same disease.

If you have the old-style reflectors without the step in them, and you purchased them recently, I would call Bob Drake and give them a ration of s**t. Maybe if you're lucky, they'll send you a set of new updated reflectors without having to buy another whole kit.

Good luck...Hope this helps...