Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hand Held Shop Lights (LED vs. Fluorescent)
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

I use a Craftsman electric flourescent light with folding hanger swivel hook and magnet very often.

Not that I really like it. . .

I don't like the folding swivel hook as it will not hold a fixed position.
I don't like the WEAK magnet as it has fallen almost as many times as it's been mounted using the magnet.
I dont like the switch position as I've turned it off almost as many times as I have had if fall because of the weak magnet.
I don't like it being limited by the cord in the way, I have moved it and had it fall because the cord happened to be in the way too many times.

I like that it's almost indestructible, I have driven over it twice, unintentionally, dropped it way too many times, thrown it a couple times more than I should have, and that with all this happening- I haven't had to replace a bulb because roughness on the light caused the element to cease working because it isn't incadescent.

I like it for several applications but would also like very much to add a cordless handheld LED to my tool collection.