Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Happiness is a big block in a Luv Truck!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 04:13 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Happiness is a big block in a Luv Truck!

A buddy and I decided to have a go at a project together. Both of us are hurting just average working stiffs, with average salaries. He had a back-halved Luv Truck and no engine, I had an engine with no chassis to stick it to sooo. 1+1=3 right?

Here's my engine. 496" BBC, ported MerlinIII heads, 11-717-9 Comp roller cams, 12.7-1 compression, 454R intake and 1050 Dominator (not pictured obviously).

Here it is in the truck. it was a tight fit. Big block Vega headers from Hooker worked like a charm.

Here's the truck wating to be loaded this morning. Ladder bars, 4.30 gears and Powergilde with a 4500rpm ATI converter.

Here's the result with only basic tuning. It's the first pass off the trans brake and only the second pass on the engine.

I can't describe how happy I am with this little project. All together we have less than $7K in the whole truck and with some tuning I think we'll see 5.90's. There's a 5.80 index class at most of the track that's reall popular with the fans. I think a 100hp dose of go-juice might get us there and let the pistons live a healthy life. I'm stoked!

Larry