Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Harbor Freight
Thread: Harbor Freight
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I don't buy anything electrical. My 35 year old Taiwan (not main land China) drill press motor fried. I looked at HF drill presses..... Cheap Chinese Communist Conscrited Child Cruelty Conflicting Capitalism Cr*p. I bought a new Dayton (USA) motor at Grainger.

I don't buy anything at HF you hit or hit with..... my fear of shattering or being no harder then malleable chocolate.

Their 6" x 48" sanding belts are just ok - much cheaper (not just price) than Norton belts. They have a hard overlap joint and easily banged on the first encounter with metal... might be better for wood. I don't work in wood. Judging by the smell of the belts during use, they obviously use animal glue.
By the time youi've got the overlap joint warn down sufficiently the grit is well worn also.

On the bright side.... I have a ten or more or HF's air powered die grinders, each set up with different burrs, sanding and finishing discs. Oil'em daily? No oil has ever seen the inside on any of my die grinders. I do some fiberglass work and don't want oil mist contaminating my glass.

Machine tools? Lathes and mills? Ha Ha Ha.... Cheap Chinese, etc., as above. Their idea of precison means the tuck driver takes the very same road everytime between the foundry and the sea port