Thread: Harbor Freight
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I'm back and forth about what I'll buy from them. I bought their knockoff of the fein multimaster, which seems ok. Blades are somewhat wimpy and seem to wear out quickly (maybe they do on the fein too?) but other than that, for 40 bucks (actually i had a 20% coupon so it was 34 or something) for a tool that normally costs 2-400 dollars, it was great. I'm not a contractor, so it was great for me. I only use it once in a while.

I have a flush-cut saw for doing floors etc too. Pretty decent tool. Only a 1 amp motor, but cut through 3/4 inch floor with no problem.

Two pneumatic nailers, a floor stapler/nailer and a 15 gauge finish nailer. Both are pretty decent, actually the only problems I had with them were solved after I used better quality nails/staples! Again, 150 dollars for the pair when you're looking at 600 for name brand. And again, I'm not a contractor, so these are probably the only floors I'll be doing.

For a drill motor I think I'd buy quality. I use my drill so much that it would be pretty annoying for it to fail on me. All my hand tools are quality too because you'd ahte to round off a bolt and cause yourself all that headache just because you saved a dime on your tools. I also have a good miter saw, because its a tool I'll probably keep forever and its very precise (compound sliding).

K