Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - harbor freight bandsaw feed rate
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Ok now I;m determined

Cboy,
Run the head of the saw to the top of its travel and set your machinsts square against the blade..

Scribe a mark on the bed of the saw where the machinsts square lands..then lower the head of the saw till the blade contacts the bed and place the machists square again against the blade..the blade should come down and hit exactly on the mark..Do this with a new blade in the saw..if the saw is not coming down straight then I dunno..

Now do a trial run on a piece of scrap..bring the tension on the blade up to a point where you have very little deflection when you push on the side of the blade with your finger..

Having to hang a bit of weight on the head of the saw may be needed to put some downforce on the blade..

Mkake yourself a drip bottle using a hdwre store valve..(little needle valve) and a piece of copper tubing arranged so that you can drip lube on the blade..

Now after doing all this and it still does not work..well dunno what to say here..???