Harbor Freight Coupon & Flyer Craziness! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2009, 01:10 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Harbor Freight Coupon & Flyer Craziness!

Has anyone noticed that Harbor Freight has a very weird system with their Coupons and Flyers?

Sometimes I will get their coupon booklet in the mail, and then their circular sales flyer a few days or week later. I've noticed that some of the coupons in the booklet actually have higher prices then what's in the sales flyer. Sometimes the coupons are better deals for some things, but usually by only $1 or so.

I've found this very confusing and a little bit annoying. I was wondering what other people have noticed about this?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Coupons & flyers

HF is not the only one - I seem to see a LOT of stores where the "sale" price is not really any different than what the same item was priced a couple of weeks ago - and then there are the mall stores where everything is 50% off, all the time! (50% off what?) Seems to be even more prevalent during pre-Christmas rush time
Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 PM

Last photo:

All HF is doing (like so many others) is simply putting their name in front of you as often as possible. They figure that if there's any chance of your coming to see them, a whole bunch of 'invitations' is better than a few. The deals (small as they are or sometimes non-existant) are really just the excuse to say "Come on down!"
Old 12-19-2009, 05:00 PM

Last photo:

Adds are to get Joe average into the store. If a smart shopper plays the adds/coupons right he can save a bit of money.

When my faithful Linde Mig welder died after 25 years. No Linde dealers left in the area. I was forced to do the unbelievable and buy a Harbor freight welder.

The name brand stuff over 200 amps prices were out of my budget at the time and the job had to get done and out.

I gathered up coupons and went shopping. By dealing a bit and using coupons I got a 250 amp dual use (gas/fluxed wire) dead wire, good wire capacity. That was advertised at $549. Supposedly 30% off regular price. I walked it out the door for just over $300.00.

NOT made in China. Of all places Russia!..

Works great! Kinda plain looking and doesn't have the bells and whistles as the old Linde, but welds as good. Been using it at the shop for a couple of years and the only issue was the wire roller feeder. Some ham hand worker bent the axle and I had to straighten it.
I did learn quickly not to use Harbor Freight welding wire tho. JUNKKKKK.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Last photo:

When you take those coupons to HF be sure and double check what they really charge you. I called them on 5 out of 5 coupons that did not ring up right at the register,

Vince
Old 12-19-2009, 05:08 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210
HF is not the only one - I seem to see a LOT of stores where the "sale" price is not really any different than what the same item was priced a couple of weeks ago - and then there are the mall stores where everything is 50% off, all the time! (50% off what?) Seems to be even more prevalent during pre-Christmas rush time
10-4. I've already caught Lowe's and Home Depot this Holiday Season !
Old 12-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Will I ever get it done?

Last journal entry: Rear Armrests
Last photo:

You also have to remember that some of the snail mail catalogs are geared to mail order sales while others are geared to in-store sales. The mail order sales ads will usually have certain items which are "Mail Order or Internet Sale Only." My local store will honor the mail order catalog price and I have even printed off internet specials and they have honored them. I have never tried to get them to honor the "Mail Order or Internet Sale Only" items from a snail mail ad, so not sure what they would do.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:20 AM

Last photo:

Yeah a lot of stores do the "50% off" gimmick, but that item is usually always "50% off!" Macy's tends to do that quite a lot I've noticed.

Harbor Freight isn't any better. They have those small LED 2-pack flashlights, and they always advertise they are on sale fro $3.99. Well I've never seen them for the retail price listed for $9.99! Besides they will sen you a coupon to get them for $2.99 a pack, which is good deal!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.