Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Harbor Freight Coupons & Deals
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bucket23
you are aware that other countries buy stuff here, clone it out of cheaper materials and with lower quality construction and re-sell it.
They do this with tools, equipment, clothes and everything else they can get their hands on. Just because something looks the same, the construction and part quality could be completely different.
The engines they sell are exact clones of the Honda small engines, even to the point where parts are interchangeable. Doesn't mean they are the same quality

If you are referring to the lathes and other metal working machinery I mentioned in this post and some others they are ALL from China and do not directly relate to any domestic design. That Birmingham lathe for instance is made in China, the YCL1440 model, just like the HF version and the Birmingham models made in Taiwan are different than the mainland China models. Nope none of the tools I have mentioned, with exception of the IR "Thunder Gun" impact wrench, are knock-offs of domestic or European machines. All are just different brands of the same machines and all are made in China. They all look the same and from what I have seen personally all have the same quality (or lack of) they just have a different color paint, brand name and are sold for different prices depending on who is selling them. The point is why pay more for something at one of the "better" stores if the same tool is available at HF? By same I mean the same CHINESE import and not a similar domestic made tool.