Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Harbor Freight Coupons & Deals
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Boost Retard

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm a big fan of the buy american thing for economic reasons, but I have to tell you guys, if you think quality and value is a reason to do it you're kidding yourself.

The Chinese have the ability to build some killer quality stuff, they need to to build all the other things they build, but they don't typically export it. The "crap" that we see we are doing to ourselves. The importers that own these stores that you complain about determine the price point that they want a product for to make the profit that they want, and then the chinese build figure out how to build it to that price point.

Harbor freight has some good stuff, as good or better than some of the name brand stuff, and they have some junk, you have to look at it and decide, and some of it is hard to figure out, because modern society is all about appearances and not about substance, and as the chinese move up in the world they understand that more and more, and are building to it.

I will also suggest that for some things you don't need best quality, or that some of the parts could be junk, they just have to be there, where other parts are required for the function of the product and in some cases I find that I can't afford any better, it doesn't make sense for me to buy it if I have to spend more than X, and at that price point a little turd polishing makes it worth it.