Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - harbor freight cut off saw
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

H F tools

I bought one of the mid priced ones a couple years a go, I had a job to do out on the farm and we have elect power at the well. It did ok for the price. really the only thing I like about it is it has the quick action vice, I have A 220 V belt drive chop saw in the shop and I do most of the cutting there. With the belt drive arbor I can use most of the blade, It's on a stand, heavy and it has a teeter- toter design,, motor on the back end, and the blade arbor on the front, and a center pivot. If the metal is not solidly clamped, and the blade nut tight. the blades break pretty quick. Sometimes I use a spray bottle of water when cutting. some alloys will harden from the heat of cutting. I would really like a cold saw, metal carbide tooth blade made for metal, the cheapest I have seen is about $ 500., I just can't justify one with the work I do. I have a milwaukee deep cut portaband saw , and I cut a lot with it, and made an upright stand for it.